MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Battle of the Bulge Metal Detecting Trip! STG44 Magazine, U.S. Canteen

Article about: Hey guys, 2 weeks ago I visited the Ardennes for a week to do metal detecting in the Battle of the Bulge area. On my Youtube channel I made 3 videos of my trip which I'd like to share with y

?

Quote by joedemadio View Post
    Hey guys, thanks for the replies!
    I'm not searching in the Bastogne area or near foy. My interest is with the 5th infantry division, so I try to stick close to their battlefields.
    My comment applies to the whole of the Ardennes area not just to Bastogne or Foy so can you supply a copy of your authority to metal detect and take away artifacts please ?

?

Quote by joedemadio View Post
    Hey guys, thanks for the replies!
    I'm not searching in the Bastogne area or near foy. My interest is with the 5th infantry division, so I try to stick close to their battlefields.
    My comment applies to the whole of the Ardennes area not just to Bastogne or Foy so can you supply a copy of your authority to metal detect and take away artifacts please ?

If not you are quite clearly digging illegally and will be subject to the full force of the law if caught plus we do not tolerate or condone illegal digging on this forum !!

?

As this member has not responded to clarify his activities i am assuming he is breaking the law and digging illegally so a ban is in order.

As Paul D already stated it is illegal to dig in the public area's and State owned forests in the ardennes but it does apply for the whole country of Belgium, digging is only permitted on privat land with a written and signed consent of the owner. You have to know that you can only dig as deep as 1Ft or plough depth. The rules are actually changing and so is the law. As it stands soon you will need a permit to MD in historic relevant area's(WW1 & WW2 battlefields included) when digging for such artefacts, even on privat owned land.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2