Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Battledamaged beautiful finds

Article about: They obviously never knew what hit 'em. But it is sobering to realize that indiviuals died wearing those lids... heads turned to strawberry jam.

Default Re: Battledamaged beautiful finds

Quote by areilley View Post
    Fraser asked me if I had any more battle damaged items. This is a picture of some more of my cloth items
    Any chance to get more details on the Wolfsangel patch??
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

3mk
    ?

Hey Areilly,Please post away.
    Not really intrested in German stuff but if it came from Poland why not

Fraser, That's it for battle damaged items. I also collect WSS cloth insignia and WSS photographs. I do not know if there is a forum to share these types of items.
    Hi Alan, I don't think I have said welcome to you yet, so "Welcome to the forum!". Thanks for posting your items so far.

We have an SS uniforms and insignia forum and a photos/paperwork forum which I am sure you will find of interest.

Cheers, Ade.

Hello My New Friend, I bought the tab from Eugene Asafov (better known as "Spin") from his web-site "Demjansk Battlefield" many years ago. There is a story that goes with it. I ordered a SS runic tab and the Wolfsangel tab from Eugene but I was still a little leary of buying items from Russia. That same day an advanced british collector posted photos of these tabs on the WAF. Needless to say I was upset, and I emailed Eugene. Eugene said that he had known this collector for quite a while and had sent him pictures of his finds. Eugene said that he would send me proof that he still had the tabs. After I recieved Eugene's 'proof', I never doubted him again.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battledamaged beautiful finds  

Hello My New Friend, I bought the tab from Eugene Asafov (better known as "Spin") from his web-site "Demjansk Battlefield" many years ago. There is a story that goes with it. I ordered a SS runic tab and the Wolfsangel tab from Eugene but I was still a little leary of buying items from Russia. That same day an advanced british collector posted photos of these tabs on the WAF. Needless to say I was upset, and I emailed Eugene. Eugene said that he had known this collector for quite a while and had sent him pictures of his finds. Eugene said that he would send me proof that he still had the tabs. After I recieved Eugene's 'proof', I never doubted him again.
    I never doubted about the tab!! It is just a major field of intrest to me , anything related to Flemish , Dutch or Walloon volunteers.

cheers
    |<ris

Sorry,I never thought that you were doubting me, I just thought it was a funny story. Here are two old photos of the tab, I'll try to take a better photo and post it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battledamaged beautiful finds   Battledamaged beautiful finds  

Thanks Ade, I will check out the other forums.
    regards, Alan

Thanks, any chance to see the reverse??
    cheers
    Kris

cheers
    |<ris

Kris, I will take front and back photos tommorow, and post them.
    Alan

Super , thanks!!

cheers
    |<ris

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast