Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Battlefield archaeology conference

Article about: Hi Rob, "Two men in a trench" is the series who's name eluded you. I enjoyed it, bar the gaffs! With Tony Pollard and Neil Oliver. Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Battlefield archaeology conference

Quote by jayh View Post
    Shall I take it that we are all going then lol
    I think a large contingent from this forum should attend and heckle the b**tard relentlessly I would if I still lived in the UK. If he does any questions, ask him if he's figured out the difference between a RA and RE grenade badge yet, or does he need an 11 year old to explain it to him?

Rob

Quote by Steve T View Post
    PS Do you reckon if we all complain at the guys total lack of knowledge they might drop him from a great height ?
    Steve, I am confused now? Are you talking about Dave or Andy Robertshaw?

Cheers, Ade.

(Sorry Dave: I could not resist )
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Oh thats just dandy, ive got admin sticking it to me now, but i will say that even my knowledge will have that guy beat and i have been dropped from a great height

Quote by davejb View Post
    Oh thats just dandy, ive got admin sticking it to me now......
    I'm saying nothing on the grounds that it may be used against me in future.

Quote by davejb View Post
    .......... and i have been dropped from a great height
    I can confirm this. Dave did indeed drop himself from a great height on three separate occasions at the last RRPG dig. We have renamed him 'the mole'. He never actually dug holes himself, but he did make a very good impersonation of a mole hill on each of these occasions. Admittedly mole hills rarely swear loudly, but never the less...........

?

Bloody cheek i do dig holes, perhaps not as deep as Squadron leader Bartlett here , besides every place i start i find little traces of where he's been and DM and WH but the idea is to dig holes ,not go potholing or caving,next thing will be he;s found bat guano

We need to get Robertshaw on one of our digs Dave. Not only to show him how to do it AND how to identify lumps of rust from 100 paces, but also so I can tunnel under him and leave him buried there. A fitting resting place for such a dopey git.

Steve T

PS Wouldn't it be funny if he or one of his friends saw this thread and posted a reply

I've seen him at a few militaria fairs and often considered to ask him whether he'd support or advise me on how to obatin authorisation to dig on some sites in Europe I know are valuable sources of history but I'm sure he'd consider me nothing but an archaeological vandal despite the passion, knowledge and care that I have for what I enjoy.

Bigsie

Quote by Paul E View Post
    That sums it up pretty well Rob !! He won't let History or Historical fact get in the way of him being a TV Star !!
    I just read that Andy Robertshaw (and Dr Kenyon in fact) was not only advisor for, but also appears in the new "War Horse" movie.

So he's a film star too now

Rob

?

Yes i saw him Rob dressed as a British Officer put me off the film straight away !! He seems to like to give himself the Army Officer image !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Yes i saw him Rob dressed as a British Officer put me off the film straight away !! He seems to like to give himself the Army Officer image !!
    Yes he dressed up as an RAMC officer in the Finding the Fallen TV show. I recall him going on about the five regimental buttons down the front of the officers SD jacket, when there were clearly only four. It's quite something when you get a detail like that wrong while actually wearing service dress....

Rob

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast