Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Battlefield of Narva, old and new finds.

Article about: All the more reason to dig faster before these items disappear from history! I wish I was there to help dig!

Default Battlefield of Narva, old and new finds.

First of all hello to everyone, I'm new here, but full of hopes finding a great place to share interests and talk. Our small team started to dig 7 years ago, so here are some pictures we made during thiese expeditions. I will start with the oldest ones.

I still clearly remember this day, we had no any experience nor a good detector. Just were breaking thru bushes like a crazy deers. And we thought that this signal is another shell and we were so close to pass it...but tried and it was first serious find in our lives. Everything was nearly on the ground, we took them allmost without a showel...

Luckily we were able to find both halves of a broken tag.

Default Re: Battlefield of Narva, old and new finds.

I love Erkennungsmarken... specially SS, Yours are completely stunning, different good known divisions.
    I don't know why we dont have in Kurland big Erkennungsmarke dumps, strange.

Regards,
    Andris

I'm in love with them from that day we found first ones.

This is true about EKM in Kurland, but you have lots of thrown away awards out there, so it is nice as well.

Great Finds, have you been able to return to that area since?

Dave

Thanks, yes we were able to return and not once, so more pictures to arrive.

thanks for sharing with us.Keep posting.very interesting

I look forward to seeing them!

I'm glad you like it. So here is another portion. I will try to post items found during one expedition or found in one place. Tag was found with remains, unfortunately it was broken exactly where number should be, I did everything to find it out, but with no luck. Highlighted to make it more readable.

Quote by Guerilla View Post
    I'm glad you like it. So here is another portion. I will try to post items found during one expedition or found in one place. Tag was found with remains, unfortunately it was broken exactly where number should be, I did everything to find it out, but with no luck. Highlighted to make it more readable.

I heard that x-rays can help to read the stampings under corrosion. I also have as think Latvian SS ID tag, I can only read Frw., it is made from iron, but iron is completely gone so I can't even clean it in way to read stamps, archeologists in History Museum of Latvia said that x-rays could help me to read stamps.

Regards,
    Andris

Probably they can help, but part with a number completely gone, so there is nothing to scan with x-rays. Sad, but this happens.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast