Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Battlefield of Narva, old and new finds.

Article about: All the more reason to dig faster before these items disappear from history! I wish I was there to help dig!

Default Re: Battlefield of Narva, old and new finds.

Great finds. Wow. I wish i could have the opportunity to go dig in fields were battles took place and find some relics.
    Keep posting photos. Thanks for sharing
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

If each of us will dig there, then farmers will make an suicide there
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Well, digging may be fun but it is even funnier to spend several years in Estonian jail when our deffence police will find some battlefield relics like grenades and ammo in your car...:-). And i'm not just joking, recently one digger got several months in jail only because he did not called to the authorities after he had found some live ammo near Auvere. Police said he was hiding explosives does not matter he just left his finds in the wood. So it is always wise to choose right friends before You are going to dig and of course it is even better not to deal with ammo or explosives at all. Actually I personally do not belive it is possible to dig in Auvere district without finding any ammo...

?

Never touch that kind of things if you did not want to call authorities, in other Police can say you that you especialy hide them for future use. As I've work actually as official, I've allways call the authorities, and there was newer a problems. But the most problem could be meet in forest if once it explodes in the hands. I know that the local diggers in this area mostly going to the forest for a junk metal hunting, and they are removing the copper compression rings from the live unexpoded grenades. If you are walking overthere and find this example- that is their job. Two years ago one digger has exploded on the US Shermann's tank shot, when attempt to deactivate it, and I've heard that he is opened it, and try to remove the detonator, when it is explode. It's a not a novice, every year in all the world diggers are expolded onb the live ammo. I prefer to not touch it at all.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

True, you will have problems with explosives some day, if you are not careful or something. So I do not even touch it when I find it. And it is definetly stupid to take it with you in a pocket or a car, so such behaviour should be punished. Anyway, hope that no one of us will ever have any problems related to it and here are next pictures. Thanks again for your comments, I really enjoy that topic is alive.

?

Good advice all round re live ammo just leave it it is far to dangerous to mess about with and quite rightly if the cops find you with live ammo or explosives you are going to be in a world of " shit " , this applies to nearly all countries not just Estonia and of course far more interesting things can be found !!

Very nice dog tag to Hermann von Salza !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Really nice finds! have You also found some human remains of Gen. Seyffardt rgt. members ore are all these ID-disks just thrown away?As I know there have to be some massgraves of Gen. Seyffardt rgt. members but unfortunatelly they are unmarked.

Right said Paul, wise is just to leave it.

And yes, HvS is one of my favourites, quite ugly letters, but still nice tag in a good condition. Another similar we found was nearly destroyed.

2 Frundsberg: Yes, we have found several GS soldiers, but I'm not really happy with showing remains, so I never post such a pictures. But everyone is reburried with help of Volksbund and indetified if possible. Thiese shown tags were thrown away, that's why condition is great.

?

This guy must have been an early recruit direct into HVS as the tag show it as a Regt which was the intention during its formation but of course it was only Btl Strength in reality at Narva and during it's existance.

The only time it could have been classed at Regiment strength is when s SS Panzer Abt 503 came under it's command but in realty they were still seperate units.

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Here we go again. On the last pictures you can see some bunch of wound badges, try to guess amount of them

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast