Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Battlefield relics from Poland

Article about: Hello everyone. Sending some pictures of Exploration in Poland

Look at all the illegal digging of the my country I have Nasze odkrycia (bez identyfikacji) - Oglnopolski miesicznik ODKRYWCA

A little less dangerous finds
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battlefield relics from Poland   Battlefield relics from Poland  

Battlefield relics from Poland   Battlefield relics from Poland  

Man those helmets have seen better days. just goes to show just how much stuff is left behind.

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    This is obviously not a legal digging outfit. If all the required permits were obtained, there would be no need to black out the face, etc. In addition, this looks to be a heinous amount of live ordnance being dug and it is doubtful that it is being disposed of properly or safely, as calling the authorities would require showing of permits.
    The reason i ask these questions of all new members who post their activities like this is to allow them to provide answers without being accused of anything illegal or anyone jumping to conclusions !!

Then myself and the other mods can decide what is legal or not and what will be allowed to be posted and what will not and the member informed of that decision , let's give these members time to explain themselves before the accusations start please !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by spriongmine35 View Post
    A little less dangerous finds
    Now those look like better things to find.
    I get a kick out of breathing air and being able to walk around.
    Live, Possibly, unstable Ordnance would bother me.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    - Polish law states quite clearly that searching for historical artefacts (and that includes World War II military) with a metal detector without proper authorisation, is illegal.

- "Proper Authorization" That basically means anyone who wants to detect in a certain area must obtain special permission from an official "curator", responsible for conservation, preservation and protection of historical monuments and artefacts in his district / county. This is in addition to search obtaining permission from the land owner.

- Although not impossible, obtaining permit is quite difficult as officials have to check that in your proposed search area there are no known archaeological sites. You also have to prove That you will be able to document your work through record keeping and that your project will be supervised by a qualified archaeologist.

- Penalties for illegal searching are quite severe and include confiscation of your metal detector, as well as fines and in the extreme cases, also imprisonment. Metal detecting without a permit in Poland can also lead to severe back pain

Attachment 589366
    The cops in the photos are just showing the gentlemen what position they will be assuming when in their cell with the Polish equivalent of Bubba.

Agreed Paul. I personally find some of these postings simply astounding. Hard to believe there is so much ordinance still lying around these days and its still dangerous. Seems every once in a while I read of bombs being hauled out of the Thames in England from the war.

I would love to buy one of those original finish S mines if they are going to be deactivated and not blown.

Lol - Nice finds indeed, but it would occur to me that some
    of this stuff might have been buried for a reason.
    Out of sight - out of mind.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    The cops in the photos are just showing the gentlemen what position they will be assuming when in their cell with the Polish equivalent of Bubba.
    Looks like the cop on the left is about to give a practical demonstration!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast