Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Battlefield Tours to Russia

Article about: Interesting.....

The Dutch had Lewis guns too, so it could have come from former Dutch stocks. These were mainly 6.5mm but the Dutch cavalry and airforce used the 7.92mm version.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Just updating my thread a bit.

1933 Serpimolot Mosin and bolt. Also a PPsh41 drum magazine.

Cheers

That looks like so much fun. In viewing these pics a question came to mind, and I'm sorry this may seem morbid - Have you ever found remains while digging? And then what would you do?

?

Quote by Historian76 View Post
    That looks like so much fun. In viewing these pics a question came to mind, and I'm sorry this may seem morbid - Have you ever found remains while digging? And then what would you do?
    These questions have been asked many many times before , if you research some of the Archaeology threads you will find your answers.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Yes, I was just reading through the massive, ongoing thread by I believe Sebastian on his digs in Russia and my question was answered. But thank you.

?

Hello Guys

Update: The period 0605 2014-1305 2014 is now booked. I have quite a few requests but not with exact dates yet. There are very little snow this year so the digging season should be able to start in mid April or so.

Regards, Lars

?

Hello guys

It have been a while but here are some pics from our latest trip to Smolensk. Just for the record it was with permission and we were also accompanied by a Major from МЧС России(Google is your friend) which is EOD. Anyway we had some fun around the camp fire as always Burning of hand grenades and mortar rounds without detonators is quite safe. We burn out the explosives and give the grenades as presents to friends. Anyway DO NOT TRY THIS UNLESS YOU ARE WITH EXPERTS! NEVER! Link at the bottom to a video. We were 7 guys out there which includes 2 WRF members. Always nice to spend time with other WRF guys!

RGD-33 hand grenades and detonators. Detonators was inert(blown out at the bottom) because the position we found them on was a former Soviet storage area hit by German artillery or Mortar fire. This is why there are no detonators in the grenades. There are hundreds of them there.

Next up a lot of POMS stick mines used to mine trenches with. There are 140. I found them

Area pics plus bear droppings We saw 3 in the area. Also a wolf paw print.

Trench lamp made from a 45mm anti tank casing. We found a few of them. A wig is inserted into the casing, oil poured in and the squeezed flat. Some have a hole on the side for refilling.

German pouch with Mosin rounds in it "Dresden 1937". I can't figure out the maker....

Victory Day 9th of May

Amulet from 1912 in remembrance of the Victory 1812

Heer Belt Buckle

T-34 Road Wheel and 2 good friends

Soviet Flare Gun and wheels for the T-20 Komsomolets/комсомолец

That's it for pics. Here is a link to Part 1 of the video from the trip WW2 Relic Hunting Eastern Front. Part 1 - YouTube

Regards, Lars

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Hello guys

It have been a while but here are some pics from our latest trip to Smolensk. Just for the record it was with permission and we were also accompanied by a Major from МЧС России(Google is your friend) which is EOD. Anyway we had some fun around the camp fire as always Burning of hand grenades and mortar rounds without detonators is quite safe. We burn out the explosives and give the grenades as presents to friends. Anyway DO NOT TRY THIS UNLESS YOU ARE WITH EXPERTS! NEVER! Link at the bottom to a video. We were 7 guys out there which includes 2 WRF members. Always nice to spend time with other WRF guys!

RGD-33 hand grenades and detonators. Detonators was inert(blown out at the bottom) because the position we found them on was a former Soviet storage area hit by German artillery or Mortar fire. This is why there are no detonators in the grenades. There are hundreds of them there.

Next up a lot of POMS stick mines used to mine trenches with. There are 140. I found them

Area pics plus bear droppings We saw 3 in the area. Also a wolf paw print.

Trench lamp made from a 45mm anti tank casing. We found a few of them. A wig is inserted into the casing, oil poured in and the squeezed flat. Some have a hole on the side for refilling.

German pouch with Mosin rounds in it "Dresden 1937". I can't figure out the maker....

Victory Day 9th of May

Amulet from 1912 in remembrance of the Victory 1812

Heer Belt Buckle

T-34 Road Wheel and 2 good friends

Soviet Flare Gun and wheels for the T-20 Komsomolets/комсомолец

That's it for pics. Here is a link to Part 1 of the video from the trip WW2 Relic Hunting Eastern Front. Part 1 - YouTube

Regards, Lars
    Looks like you had some great time and great finds Lars ! Have you ever tried magnet fishing?

?

We sure had fun but it's also hard I have not tried it yet but actually always wanted to.

Cheers

Quote by Datrus View Post
    We sure had fun but it's also hard I have not tried it yet but actually always wanted to.

Cheers
    It must be! I'm only an extreme beginner in this hobby and it can be quite hard and I haven't found anything special yet.

I have some magnets and they are rather scary . On a Finnish forum someone told, that he got ones stuck on his car and never got them off

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast