Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Battlefield Tours to Russia

Article about: Interesting.....

Default Re: Battlefield Tours to Russia

Awesome finds.
    I really liked the mortar and nebelwerfer rounds.
    Are you deactivating them or give them to the authorities as they are?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Quote by Scout View Post
    I did find it interesting.
    Excellent finds. Especially liked the lid. Hope to see pics after resto.
    Take care of your feet and theyll take care of you and all that ......
    Thanks mate.

The problem with feet was the very wet conditions the last 2 days. I think the Gore tex in my Bates M9 fianlly gave in. I of course washed feet every night and changed socks. Wool is the best IMO. Boots did not have time to dry out completely. Rubber boots is the way to go. Your feet will still get damp, but not soaking wet.

?

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Awesome finds.
    I really liked the mortar and nebelwerfer rounds.
    Are you deactivating them or give them to the authorities as they are?
    I also liked the Nebelwerfer rocket, but it was really heavy, so we left it behind where we found it. This is hours of walk in unforgiving terrain. The mortar round will be deactivated since it has not been fired. The rocket i was not really able to see if was fired or not, but i would love have it deactivated. It was in great condition. If things have been fired, their internal safety mechanisms will not work any longer and they are much more dangerous to work with.

Regards, Lars

That neb rocket is outstanding man, was that your find? I liked the helmet too it would clean up well I think

Just Bravo !

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    That neb rocket is outstanding man, was that your find? I liked the helmet too it would clean up well I think
    Yes me and my team partner found it. I am really jealous on the guy that found the MG34. It's not easy to find these items. One has to go through a lot of irritating signals from shrapnel, but you can't ignore these signals. It's iron and could be anything. Even i have a detector that can discriminate different metals/items. I want a detector that can tell me precisely what it's looking at

I want that werfer rocket, but i need a guy agreeing on helping me carry it out Should not be too difficult to deac it once i find a diagram of the bugger..

Quote by Datrus View Post
    I also liked the Nebelwerfer rocket, but it was really heavy, so we left it behind where we found it. This is hours of walk in unforgiving terrain. The mortar round will be deactivated since it has not been fired. The rocket i was not really able to see if was fired or not, but i would love have it deactivated. It was in great condition. If things have been fired, their internal safety mechanisms will not work any longer and they are much more dangerous to work with.

Regards, Lars
    I get your point mate. Pity to leave such a find behind though.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    I get your point mate. Pity to leave such a find behind though.
    Yes it is. I am regretting more and more, but we have the general location on GPS

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Yes it is. I am regretting more and more, but we have the general location on GPS
    That was my next question, I hope you go get her, but be careful with that beast.

I have just looked around mate, and I don't think it is from a Nebelwerfer. This is a Neb rocket;

I think it is possibly a rocket from the 'Stuka zu fuss', sdkfz 251 halftrack.

The rockets for this came in three types which you can ID from the calibre. 300mm and 280mm were HE rockets and 320mm was an incendiary, probably white phos.

The only thing that confuses me is that I thought these rockets were spin stabilized rather than fin stabilized as yours is.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast