Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 136 of 154 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1535

Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)

Article about: Next mirror for REAL gentlemans.....with condom

When everything was shipped and we were going to sail away,
    on water suddenly there was a rainbow!! It on good luck!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)  

?

Sick organisation !
    Nice Rainbow .

And here after four days of persistent work,
    launchers are evacuated to the road.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)   Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)  

For the fifth day launchers were taken out to Louhi
    and in 3 weeks were transported to St. Petersburg.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)   Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)  

Now launchers wait for the buyers, and us ahead wait for new big projects.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)  

?

Some great updates and new finds !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Fantastic and huge effort to recover these pieces, you are to be congratulated!

Default Use caution & common (documented use) sense!

Besides rusted metal framework and the like, I wonder why some of these items look 'too good to be true'?

I think it was P.T. Barnum that said it best: "A fool and his money are soon parted." Or, "A sucker is born every minute." One -or both- of the two quotations apply here.

Pic #1: Just like '925' silver being only British and not Third Reich (III-R) era German proofed silver, neither is '830'. Documented III-R silver is '800', '900' and '935'. Is this merely a reproduction buried in the soil and 'found' later? And also again, as I stated in a post earlier in this thread (probably removed)... REAL silver tarnishes BLACK.

Pic #2: Quite a lot of 'aged' appearance and corrosion on the metal of this super-rare badge -but the pin and barrel is shiny and new in appearance? REALLY? Found it like that, did you?!?

Pic #3: ALL 'RZM' marked items show the 'Z' with a cross-strike... on metal, on leather, on cloth and paper tags -where is it on this buckle? Also, real 'SS' marked items show an overlapping 'SS' -NOT the style shown on this buckle. Again... a reproduction buried in the soil and 'found' later?!? Gotta wonder.

Everyone needs to remember, many of the factories using the original dies used to make the real III-R badges and accoutrements -were in Eastern Europe and captured by the Russians. Also WELL DOCUMENTED: is the high quality of fakes coming from Eastern Europe... but not made of the same metals (or proofs) as was used in III-R.

We all WANT these items to be genuine -and to that end, are fooling ourselves into believing -and buying- this fantasy.

Quote by Eismeerfront View Post
    ****!****!****!I hid it in 2011
    -Have to wonder what else was 'hidden' on purpose... only to 'find it' later?

BUYER BEWARE.

Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)  

Sorry...but you are wrong on the 830 Silver marking statement. Where are you seeing that these are all German made rings? Silver rings-both skulls and others-weren't all produced in TR-era Germany. 830 is a commonly seen and used silver marking in Denmark, Norway and who knows how many other countries. It is a simple matter to quickly do a Google search and look up Silver purity marks. And, yes-real silver does, indeed, turn black under various oxidation conditions. But, it does not require the services of a chemist in a lab to remove the black tarnish either. People in the field do not spend 24/7 of their time swinging picks and shovels. They have plenty of time to sit about and clean their excavated relics. You seem to not realize, that each and every excavated piece shown is not always Specifically dug up at that precise Moment. Perhaps the item being looked at was dug up, say, 2 years before and has been extensively cleaned and restored since? Yes, it looks impressive to photograph an item sitting on the top of the soil from the dig site, but where is it being said that the item was dug up 10 minutes previous to the photograph? These people dig for Years and unearth thousands of artifacts.
    I'll just lightly touch on your remarks on the SS buckle. No, all RZM stamping's "Z"s do not feature cross marks. Please look through the pinned reference thread here to see several example which do not. SS Officer Buckle makers and, No, all SS rune marked items do Not feature the "Allach Style" intertwined runes. Again, we have several reference threads on the forum that can easily be perused to see this.
    I do very much hope that you are not going to rehash the very same argument you began years ago on the same subject. There are, as shown, explanations for these argument points, but, again, why you feel that you are entitled to demand them to be explained to you in minutia to satisfy you, I am not seeing. Now please do not pollute a fine and interesting thread with these bickering "I don't believe it-these are all lying deceiving con-men arguments".
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Well, for the BandenKampfabzeichen, looks like a good A-type from C.E. Juncker.
    Typical type with 3 holes beetween snakes heads. The pommel just overflowing to the outside.
    I don' t see inconsistency beetween Type-A skull and Type-B skull.
    No more problem with pin.

I understand your doubt Mil Spec, you show here award, but award like name can be fake on internet.
    But, it seems, actually, every discovery, should have a step by step pictures, seems legit due to the huge fakes volume.