Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 49 of 154 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 99 149 ... LastLast

Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)

Article about: Next mirror for REAL gentlemans.....with condom

Thumbs up re: Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)

I am new to this forum and must add to the many comments of what an amazing collection of photographs and covering information. You are bringing to light one aspect of the Russian Front conflict that many have an interest in, but no chance to see what it was like...great work.
    I have just one question...some way back you had photo's of Luftwaffe crockery and even what appears to be a compliance/ID plate from an aircraft. Was there an airfield there and, if so, any equipment relics (aircraft parts, ground equipment etc).
    Also, can anyone recommend a book on this area of operation?
    Looking forward to seeing future finds.

?

Default re: Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)

Try Black Edelweiss
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Paul,

Thanks muchly, I'll track down a copy.

Quote by Bredan View Post
    An incredible Thread....!!

Did you find only the one tank and one wreck of an car..?
    So many numberplates.. an no more wrecks..?

Do they ley are all on the bottom of the lakes..?
    We found all numberplates in garbage holes......

?

So the Cars and Trucks taken away by the Red-Army or the Citizen of this Area at the end of the Battle.. Look into the Barns...
    And the Rest lay on the Bottom of the Lakes

Quote by tingmissartoq View Post
    I am new to this forum and must add to the many comments of what an amazing collection of photographs and covering information. You are bringing to light one aspect of the Russian Front conflict that many have an interest in, but no chance to see what it was like...great work.
    I have just one question...some way back you had photo's of Luftwaffe crockery and even what appears to be a compliance/ID plate from an aircraft. Was there an airfield there and, if so, any equipment relics (aircraft parts, ground equipment etc).
    Also, can anyone recommend a book on this area of operation?
    Looking forward to seeing future finds.
    Hi thingmissartoq!!
    LW items we found near German airfield and also we found aircraft parts(Ju-87 for example) in the forests some timres.
    About book..... I think most better for reading is "Kampf unter dem Nordlicht" br y Franz Schreiber - last commander of SS Nord Division.

Also new photos with finds of this summer......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)   Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)  

Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)   Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)  

Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)   Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)  

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Try Black Edelweiss
    great book and acount paul i am half way through it, infact seeing this i am going to read on some more today!

p.s i have it in pdf file if anyone doesnt mind reading in on screen? laptops are perfect!

?

Fantastic thread - very interesting. Keep up the good work.

I will be sure to check out the "Kampf unter dem Nordlicht" book and also the "Black Edelweiss."

Would be fantastic to go there. I have been to Narva, but this is just something else. Imagine finding vehicle plates in that condition in a garbage dump etc etc.
    Last edited by Scout; 09-01-2010 at 11:49 AM.

Tadpole1969uk
    ?

Wow! I just spent an hour or so working my way through this thread and have enjoyed every minute. Keep up the good work guys! It must give you a tremendous amount of satisfaction.

Page 49 of 154 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 99 149 ... LastLast