Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 78 of 154 FirstFirst ... 28 68 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 88 128 ... LastLast

Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)

Article about: Next mirror for REAL gentlemans.....with condom

Default re: Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)

Yep, that buckle sure will look good in some lucky guys collection

Things after chemical bath
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)   Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)  

Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)  
    Arktis ist Nicht!

American P-40
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)  
    Arktis ist Nicht!

I love the Battle damaged SS helmet! But I feel sorry for the poor guy who was wearing it...

Hopefully it was already lost/abandoned when the schrapnel carved it in 1/2.

?

The lid has come up very well Maxim !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Eismeerfront View Post
    American P-40
    A piece from Indianapolis, IN (USA) found its way to the forests of Karelia... simply amazing!

Having read all 78 pages (so far) of this thread, it is incredible that a battlefield such as this still exists. I am a new forum member and this thread is one of the very first ones I decided to read... and glad I did!

All the naysayers need to remember how the Russians fought... 1-3 hours of constant artillery shelling, then they rolled the tanks in on and over anyone still alive. Pieces of crushed and mangled bodies that have been degraded by 6-7 decades of weather, rot, insects, wildlife, etc. -that's about all you will find. Those assuming a moral high ground must think that the whole body is found -intact with identity papers and complete uniform. It is part art and science that enables any identification at all, when dealing with mere pieces of a former soldier.

Think of the troubles that go into identifying the MIA's in Vietnam -and that was only 4-5 decades ago. It takes strong dedication to do what Andrey and Maxim are doing.

Thank you gentlemen for your work!

Exactly! People should remember that Russia took almost 26.6 Million Dead casualties(and this figure comes directly from the Russian Academy of Science) during the war of it's invasion. That Russians today can make a fair income selling off bits and trinkets of this failed German onslaught, I can see absolutely no fault or wrong with that. Their work has, in fact, helped recover and in many cases even Identify some many of the countless "missing in action" or simply "killed in action and place of final rest unknown" from Both sides. No one is selling skulls and bones that I can see here. What I Do see, are very hard working men doing terribly tough and dirty work(and often Dangerous work, considering the tons of unexploded ordnance) and making a decent income from it while helping put to final rest fallen soldiers of many different nationalities when and where they are found. Good Work,guys! William
    Last edited by Wagriff; 08-14-2011 at 01:42 AM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

hello everyone!
    I have returned from expedition. I am very happy, I have found one more Soviet soldier of the missing person. I have established his name and a surname. I know that for it wait native till now, and I will find them.
    The soldier was lost at storm of a German strong point "Katchberg" in October, 1944.Time of Petsamo-Kirkenes operation
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)   Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)  

Arktis ist Nicht!

Good work Maxim!

Page 78 of 154 FirstFirst ... 28 68 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 88 128 ... LastLast