Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 96 of 154 FirstFirst ... 46 86 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 106 146 ... LastLast

Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)

Article about: Next mirror for REAL gentlemans.....with condom

Default Re: Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)

Bloody damn war!

?

An awesome thread - got me thinking and i've just received copies of 'Black Eidl' & 'Blood Red Snow'.

Not having looked into it at present - but can anyone get up to Karelia, and are there organised digs you can join, or do you need to do this all under your own steam?

I have some time off work next May inbetween contracts and would be interested in heading up there - any help, suggestions about this would be great.

No fisherman ever gives out the location to their favorite fishing hole.....just a thought.. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by lex76 View Post
    An awesome thread - got me thinking and i've just received copies of 'Black Eidl' & 'Blood Red Snow'.

Not having looked into it at present - but can anyone get up to Karelia, and are there organised digs you can join, or do you need to do this all under your own steam?

I have some time off work next May inbetween contracts and would be interested in heading up there - any help, suggestions about this would be great.
    If you speak Russian or Finnish and are an expert in survival in the Tundra then give it a go , if not then maybe not !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

The Tundra not a problem.... the speaking Russian / Finnish could well be ;-)

Hi, My name is Geroge and i live in Hammerfest in North Norway. I just love this thread! Awesome! I feel like going to the Norwegian/russian border in Grense Jacobselv/Kirkenes and look for relicks Do u find much up there in the other side of the border towards Murmansk? Is it allowed to search there for a norwegian?

Actually it is not allowed to dig out explosives, human remains or weapons does not matter if You are a local or a tourist. As far as I know Maxim is a member of official reseach group so there are different rules for them. If You will just go to Russia, Estonia, Latvia and start to dig You can easily find Yourself in police station. And Your situation will be very bad when they will find some WWII ammo or gun parts with You. For example in Estionia every year some black diggers are arrested by our deffence police for illegal WWII ammo or weapons. I belive situation is the same everywhere. And even when You will not be arested, how You can get Your finds out from Russia?

?

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    Actually it is not allowed to dig out explosives, human remains or weapons does not matter if You are a local or a tourist. As far as I know Maxim is a member of official reseach group so there are different rules for them. If You will just go to Russia, Estonia, Latvia and start to dig You can easily find Yourself in police station. And Your situation will be very bad when they will find some WWII ammo or gun parts with You. For example in Estionia every year some black diggers are arrested by our deffence police for illegal WWII ammo or weapons. I belive situation is the same everywhere. And even when You will not be arested, how You can get Your finds out from Russia?
    Excellent advice by Frundsberg , digging in the countries mentioned is not a free for all and can only be legally done with the relevant official paperwork which Maxim and others who post on this forum have !!

Certainly if you are found with live munitions you will be spending some time in prison !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Excellent advice by Frundsberg , digging in the countries mentioned is not a free for all and can only be legally done with the relevant official paperwork which Maxim and others who post on this forum have !!

Certainly if you are found with live munitions you will be spending some time in prison !!
    I agree with guys!!!

Amazing, wish that I could search with you guys!
    Greetings from Belgium!

Page 96 of 154 FirstFirst ... 46 86 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 106 146 ... LastLast