Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 100 of 154 FirstFirst ... 50 90 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 110 150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1535

Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)

Article about: Next mirror for REAL gentlemans.....with condom

?

Default Re: Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)

Nice pics UJ. There is almost always something to find. We found a untouched trench (German) in an area where it should be pretty much impossible. We will go there when the snow is gone. The rain have started here

To see the mosquito's on your leg reminded me of the less entertaining aspects of digging

Regards

Lars

Yes, of course there will be more finds in the Hasselmann and Kaprolat battlefield. The only guards there now are the mosquitos!
    Sometimes it is very interesting to investigate non fighting places as for example behind the front recreation bunker villages. Here by the old Luftwaffe airfield in Pääjärvi, Russian north Karelia, May 2008.
    Fighter pilots rested between missions in a special "Fliegerheim" and deep in the vast forests they had a nice Café with a piano and serving finnish "Lottas". Champagne, Cognac bottles and crushed chrystal glasses are spread all around in the moss. The nearby airfield shows a junk yard of mixed Luftwaffe equipment. Diggers find everything from private soldiers and pilots artefacts to unexploaded aircraft bombs
    The grenade tip protection rings from a german 88 mm case is a great beer bottle stand for thursty digger comerades. A midnight swim in the almost frozen lake is really refreshing!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)   Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)  

Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)   Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)  

Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)   Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)  

Last edited by Urwaldjaeger; 04-09-2012 at 11:32 AM.

?

Looks like that was another good trip Olle , i recognise the Gebirgsjaeger !!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Yepp, it was my first visit there and going all alone across the Russian border was an adventure Oberjäger of Eismeerfront him self in the M43 cap!

Wish I'd got one of these canisters, weld some legs on it and it would make a really cool looking barbeque!!!

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Wish I'd got one of these canisters, weld some legs on it and it would make a really cool looking barbeque!!!

Regards, Ned.
    Really good idea!!!!
    I try to make one for my house.

?

A 100 pages of some of the most interesting info and items here on the forum.
    Great thread!

?

Quote by big ned View Post

Regards, Ned.

BBQ rocket science?

?

Yeah, very interesting thread. The condition in Karelia stil best in the world. I liked AVS bajo. It' s a real rare item

?

Cracking finds ,thanks for sharing,I also want a canister Barbeque lol

Page 100 of 154 FirstFirst ... 50 90 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 110 150 ... LastLast