MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 104 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1535

Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)

Article about: Next mirror for REAL gentlemans.....with condom

?

Default Re: Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)

Yes you are correct, emotions do play a big part in what we do, for the very reasons that we are continually having to remind people like you that these digs are conducted with the greatest respect, they are in conjuction with the War graves commision in a lot of cases and with the full approval of the local authorities concerned, remains that are found are collected and repatriated with a proper burial instead of an unknown and unmarked grave and if any ID can be proved , proper attempts are made to contact next of kin, i feel your comments are misguided and condescending towards the people who do nothing but good , and if, as you state, you make your comments with all due respect, you would refrain from continually using the word "profiteering" . As stated previously, items that you have acquired may well be pickings by a Vet who either killed or removed from a dead body on the battlefield, so if your morals are so ingrained then perhaps this hobby is one you should seriously reconsider and donate all your collection to a museum, and i say this with all due respect

All of the comments on this thread should be deleted, the thread is awesome but some of the comments are just nonsense.......

?

I agree! If anyone have further to discuss about digging, do it here! https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battl...-we-do-180711/

Regards, Lars

?

Quote by DiggityDiggity View Post
    I find it funny that you guys get so upset over someone that respectfully disagrees with you. Instead, you rush to the conclusion that I am a troll and throw insults and ignorance my way. You could engage in an intellectual discussion over the matter but your emotions get the best of you. I think we can clearly see who the real trolls are.
    The point that you completely miss is that you haven't reinvented the wheel , the opinions you have posted have been put forward and your intellectual discussion has taken place numerous times before , we don't need to discuss this again after over 1000 posts !! As i said before the contributors to this and similar threads do not have to explain themselves or their actions again !!

Although this has again disrupted the main thrust of the thread it will remain in order that hopefully new members will realise it has all been discussed before , let's now move on and put this FINALLY to bed !!

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Hello K Gott. Will you be posting some pics soon, if your hand allow you to go digging?

Regards, Lars
    Last edited by Datrus; 05-22-2012 at 05:46 PM.

?

Wrong thread Lars
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

LOL. I always mix them up! Thanks for the heads up mate!

Hello! My grandfather fought in the Finnish army regiment JR 24 ( see other thread about him , further earlier here .) When retreating from Kareleia , they went to the Vyborg castle ( now in russia ) and managed to get this porcelain with him. I wonder if anyone can identify the letters and who it might have belonged to? he even got he samovar from 1880 with him!!

best Undu.Attachment 352314

Hello everyone and a Good Summer to you all.
    Here in Swedish Lapland we still have a cool northern breeze that makes the nature slowly turn into green.
    Sorry to say I am not in Karelia this spring but I guess my russian friends prepare for digging season
    as soon as possible from the soil frost. The arctic nights are now light and gives working time for
    24 hours if needed.
    When we wait for some new pictures to come from Maxim and Andrey I would like to give you a little
    foreplay showing a view of my collection of artefacts I found in the area of Kiestinki and Eismeer front
    near Murmansk. Most of the items are from the battlefields in north Karelia and a few came from
    friends in Germany (collection of unused smoking pipes and a soap box, a box for googles, and the books of course).
    The two black SS Edelweiss patches was given to a US soldier in Germany during the 1960,s
    and he kept them safe in a book until selling them to me on eBay 2007.
    (The portrait of the SS-officer: Obersturmführer Karl-Hans Scheu of the SS Gebirgs-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 6
    is taken from the book, 7 days in January and was mounted by me.)
    Please enjoy :-)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)   Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)  

Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)   Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)  

Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)   Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)  

?

I love relics

Regards, Lars