Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

BBC 2 7pm Tonight (Monday)

Article about: Thanks!.... I'll check it out... in point of fact NOTHING else is BBC quality. BBC is simply the best around.

Default Re: BBC 2 7pm Tonight (Monday)

good one - we have in canada on history channel.
    worth watching.

Its a brilliant programme, dont miss it!

WW2 Unearthed

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Thanks for the heads up! I managed to remember it when I got to work so we stuck the TV on and watched it.

One of my colleagues is a well published author and local historian Henry Buckton so during the research for his books has accumulated an immense knowledge of wartime history and interesting facts.

We were watching the Spitfire get extracted from the peat bog when he announced a Heinkel He111 had been taken out of the Somerset levels not far from where he lives and is on display in a small private museum!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Now that is interesting ! Where is the museum ??

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

It's called 'Sweet's Peat and Science Museum' and is in Wedmore.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks Adrian, I will visit next time I am in Somerset

Nick

?

It was a very good series, shown in Northern Ireland a while ago. There is some amazing underwater footage from a torpedoed merchantman. Shermans scattered all over the place. The He111 was excavated for the sister programme 'Dig 1940' and there are a few pieces on display at the Fort Perch Rock museum on Merseyside. The pieces on display at the Sweet's private museum are from a JU88 which came down at Wedmore, Somerset.
    Here are few pics from the Spitfire dig, quite a spectacular excavation. There is now an excellent display in Derry museum, partly funded by the Garfield Weston family who paid for the Spitfire in the first place.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BBC 2 7pm Tonight (Monday)   BBC 2 7pm Tonight (Monday)  

BBC 2 7pm Tonight (Monday)   BBC 2 7pm Tonight (Monday)  

BBC 2 7pm Tonight (Monday)  

For some reason we yanks can't get these great shows... really pisses me off. Maybe iTunes might get them for paid download. I am so jealous... instead of this we yank have "The Real Housewives Of ( put city name here ) and a stupid reality show on any moronic profession that exists... I swear to God... it's pitiful. If only I could find a way to watch some of this programming.

?

It's not quite BBC quality but there is good film of the Spit dig here: Inishowen Spitfire recovery - YouTube
    I couldnt find a clip of the Shermans.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast