Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Beach found relic ID

Article about: Thank you for the reply! I actually figured this out not too long ago myself, I'm pretty sure that this would have been for the Boys AT rifles that were captured by German forces in either F

Default Beach found relic ID

Anyone know what this is for? Looks like some kind of metal buttstock for some gun but I haven't been able to find anything similar using my usual Google routine... total length is approx. 13cm and the "backplate" is 8.5cmx5.5cm.

Any suggestions?

?

Default Re: Beach found relic ID

Does not look like an SMG stock, but cant be sure. Will be interesting to hear what it might be.

Shoe maker tool?

cobblers.....tool possibly

?

Looks to be a foot of something like a hydraulic or crank vehicle jack .....
    .. With the gridding on the bottom of the foot, it was meant to stop surface slippage ....

Gary J.

If so it's kind of funny and disappointing at the same time...

I agree though, cobblers/shoemakers tool could be a contender. Any photos of German tools such as this out there? This was found at a place where a lot of German Luftwaffe and Heer equipment was dumped right after the war so that's why I'm still thinking "German"...

Found what I believe to be a MG151 dummy round (with wooden projectile/tip that unfortunately broke due to me being a bit too eager) and a "Patronenausstosser 15" at the same time... so at least I got something good out of those couple of hours scouring the beach

The "Patronenausstosser 15" and the dummy round:

A few more shots of the dummy round:

The 15x96 mg151 round was the closest I could come when trying to identify this one... there seems to be some differences though (total length appears to be closer to 98mm)

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Anyone know what this is for? Looks like some kind of metal buttstock for some gun but I haven't been able to find anything similar using my usual Google routine... total length is approx. 13cm and the "backplate" is 8.5cmx5.5cm.

Any suggestions?

Looks like a brake pedal to me.

Burt

At least it seems like this relic is not of any particular/significant military relevance--- brake pedal, cobblers/shoemakers tool, foot belonging to jack etc. all good suggestions... thanks guys

Any thoughts regarding the dummy/practice round? Headstamps say "K 39" and "WI" --- plus this one's approx. 98-99mm in total length rather than 96mm like the mg151 round I was referring to, casing seems a bit different too when compared to the 15x96 round.

rgl
    ?

The casing would be .55 Boys (13x99mm) for the Boys Anti Tank rifle. K39 is Kynoch 1939. W I is AP, or would have been originally.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast