Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Berlin relics

Article about: G'day all, I bought my first ever relics a couple of weeks ago and they arrived yesterday. The two party badges were found in the Halbe Forrest and the other items were excavated from a cons

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Nice relics Glynn ! Whats the piece of print bottom left, top case ?

Nick
    Glynn?? I ain't from Wales pal!

The paper is a propaganda leaflet from a rifle grenade projectile found in Stalingrad (allegedly). I have a translation somewhere but basically it's the usual stuff, 'promising safe passge and good treatment etc'. Note the happy Russian POW depicted harvesting potatos with a piece of Russian totty! Enticing stuff!

Berlin relicsBerlin relics

A nice piece of history boyo !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Diolch yn fawr

Love 'em!...

there's tons of stuff buried and otherwise in Berlin.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    there's tons of stuff buried and otherwise in Berlin.
    You are not wrong Harry, i was talking to a worker on the U5 ubahn extension in Berlin, he reckons they dig up relics nearly everyday!....

Great relics! The stories they could tell.....

Martin

?

Dave i have been in Berlin 4 times this year and i there is massive construction works going on in Voss Strasse opposite where the Reichskanzlei stood , most of the workers these days know that relic items are very collectable and will recover them and move them on !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Great stuff... and what makes it unique is WHERE it was found... wait till you go... and find some items yourself... the Flea Market in Berlin at the old city gates is wonderful on the weekends... once when I was there they had MIG cockpits for sale... no telling what will show up.

Thanks for all the positive comments gents, I really am pleased with these pieces. I probably wouldn't have bought them if they had come from anywhere else but because they come from the area around the chancellery I just had to have them!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast