Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Between aircraft debris...

Article about: Well here I am detecting and digging through bent twisted aluminium bits, copper plates with rivets, chunks of plexi glass and I get another good signal; turns out to be a 2 Reales Philips I

Default Between aircraft debris...

Well here I am detecting and digging through bent twisted aluminium bits, copper plates with rivets, chunks of plexi glass and I get another good signal; turns out to be a 2 Reales Philips III (1598-1621)! Was hoping to find parts that would ID the aircraft, but no luck so far. Have found two items that look like radio buttons that have numbers on the back.
    The detector is going mad all over the place, mainly on chunks of cast aluminium from the engine(s). Never thought I would unearth a silver 17th century cob coin between the rubble!
    It weights 6,76 grams.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Between aircraft debris...   Between aircraft debris...  

Between aircraft debris...  

Wow!

Awesome, congratulations! I don't know much about coinage...do you suppose it's valuable?
    Wishing you continued good luck!
    cheers, Glenn

Thanks Glenn! No its not very valuable, nor are these cob coins rare. In this condition it will fetch between 80 and 100 euro's on a good day. Still nice find, but I would rather find an ID plate or some funky Spitfire dails from the crash site.

?

Show us the plane bits!

Just goes to prove the old cliche ~ "You NEVER know just what you will turn up when you wave a MD !!"

Very Cool !

WOW what a find!!

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

This was probably in the plane.

This was probably in the plane.
    CC

I would bet one of my cattle stations/ ranches that this item was lost there long ~ before the plane crash !

After all Calais or even France , Europe has some amazing and involved history dating back to the year 'Dot' ~

I guess any theory is purely speculative and a personal opinion ~ The chances of 'us' ever knowing for sure is pretty remote ~