Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Big Hole?

Article about: I hearth about this Big Hole in the Netherland at the Leusderheide, but does have anyone more informatie about the ''big hole''?? it is like 10-15 KM from my home and want to take an look an

Default Big Hole?

I hearth about this Big Hole in the Netherland at the Leusderheide, but does have anyone more informatie about the ''big hole''??

it is like 10-15 KM from my home and want to take an look and shoot some pics.

greets DE

Default Re: Big Hole?

Hole is in a crater? like, I think its called "Loch Nagar"?

Thanks

Danny

The Lochnagar Crater, is at La Boiselle, on the Somme in France and is privately owned by Richard Dunning, having been bought in 1978 to save at least one of the original 1 July 1916 Somme craters from being filled in and built upon by local farmers.

It is where I "found" Pvt George Nugent 22nd Batt 3rd Tyneside Scottish in 1998

Soldier sleep sound

Here's a clip from the Independent Newspaper ref: Story

Aftermath: Somme's Unknown Soldier is finally unmasked

Huh what ya talking about???..

i mean the hole where the canadian soldiers dumped like 10.000 german helmets in an ''big hole'' and left them.. now these days people still found them there.. i just want to find out its location

Quote by DarkEagle View Post
    Huh what ya talking about???..

i mean the hole where the canadian soldiers dumped like 10.000 german helmets in an ''big hole'' and left them.. now these days people still found them there.. i just want to find out its location
    I just had no idea what you were actually meaning, by hole I thought you meant a crater

Thanks

Danny

I think there was a treath about it on thise forum!! But they do not reveal where exactly it is...!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by stuka f View Post
    I think there was a treath about it on thise forum!! But they do not reveal where exactly it is...!
    In all honesty who actually would? Theres a lot of money sitting in that hole just waiting to be picked up, its a shame that people that know might just not tell other incase they might want to dig them up sometime in the future.

Thanks

Danny

?

The big hole is a location in the Netherlands which was a German helmet dump , it was excavated over a lengthy period and many hundreds of German helmets of all kinds discoverd , it has been discussed elsewhere on the WRF
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

i know where it should be but not the exact location.. it is on the militairy terrein there..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast