Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bomber Command base finds....help needed!

Article about: Morning Gents, Be gentle it's my first post here on the War Relics Forum! I was searching an old RAF Bomber Command base yesterday and with a very limited amount of time available to me came

?

Default Bomber Command base finds....help needed!

Morning Gents,

Be gentle it's my first post here on the War Relics Forum!

I was searching an old RAF Bomber Command base yesterday and with a very limited amount of time available to me came up with these 3 items that were of any interest.

Bomber Command base finds....help needed!Bomber Command base finds....help needed!Bomber Command base finds....help needed!Bomber Command base finds....help needed!Bomber Command base finds....help needed!Bomber Command base finds....help needed!Bomber Command base finds....help needed!Bomber Command base finds....help needed!Bomber Command base finds....help needed!

The first is obviously an Falcon smoking pipe minus the wooden bowl.

the second looks like part of an airframe, and has what looks like a round stamp on the side of it, although due to the corrosion it's hard to tell exactly what it is.

The third item I have no idea, there are two, what appear to be hand stamped serial numbers and 'VA150 TESTED' stamped on to it. It also has some original grey paint left on it. I'm guessing it could just be a peice of agricultural equipment, but whatever it is it looks like a coupling for something and was wondering if anyone on here can shed any light on it!

Regards,

Jon

Default Re: Bomber Command base finds....help needed!

Hi Jon

Welcome - your copper item is a joint from an aircrafts cooling system. The VA stamp is an inspectors stamp from Vickers Armstrong. I cannot make out the other numbers clearly enough to tell you which aircraft it came from - can you post them please?

Any ideas which aircraft were based there?

Hope that helps

?

Default Re: Bomber Command base finds....help needed!

Thanks for the quick reply!!

The serial numbers are as follows:

08127A23 (the 0 could also be an o but I'm not sure!)

B39571X

During the war Lancasters were stationed there.