Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

British Airfield refuse dump.

Article about: Nice photos, the mirror looks similar to an early war Spitfire type but the mounting is wrong, they were always aluminium. That said it could have been used on a truck or bike after it was s

Default Re: British Airfield refuse dump.

and a few more.

First up is an alloy tube sadly badly corroded, the brass end is marked (picture below), is it for hydraulics or maybe even shock absorbtion?

I like this complete bakelite tooth powder box, marked supplied to the Royal Navy. I'm assuming this is for advertising purposes ie if it's good enough for the Royal Navy then it's good enough for you! although perhaps it came from a naval man who'd transferred to the RAF?

Here is a nicely marked crown capped Ginger Beer bottle dated 1940. By the 1940's this style of manufacture was already out of date so I think the company used it for advertising harking back to the good old days.
    Allen and Lloyd were a huge mineral water manufacture based in Aldershot, the home of the British Army. Consequently bottles from this company get found all over the country and beyond, anywhere where the British army had a presence.

Finally a War Grade vulcanite beer bottle stopper, the little scoop out of the top is a war time economy pre war it wasn't there.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Airfield refuse dump.  

More intresting bits ! I like the tooth soap and Ginger beer bottle, well done!

That tooth powder tub is really nice!!
    I didnt know about the scoop out of the bottle top being there for economy . Iv seen hundreds and never stoped to wonder why the divet was there. Thanks.

Thanks WH and 381st digger I was very please to get the tooth soap box, Ive found plenty of plain brown ones at a number of sites over the years but this is the first embossed one. I think the green bakelite top was also to associate the colour with the contents peppermint flavour.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

katla55
    ?

the pipe with the cuts looks like a hydraulic pipe from the landing gear

katla55
    ?

it looks like a window

Hi Katla55
    Your ID is most welcome thank you for your post I agree it is more like a window than a hydraulic pipe now
    Welcome to this forum, there's so much to see on here and expert advice it'll take you ages to go back through all the interesting previous thread.
    Best Wishes
    LUCKYSTRIKE

?

Hello LS, when you posted your last finds I must have still been in awe of that Scottish Merlin and not been paying attention. The ally pipe section with the brass ring inside "Again this is alloy made but poor condition, seems to be a downsizing tube joint, notice it has a brass washer/seal on the inside". If the smaller diameter is about 2.5 inches you have the middle of a reflector gun sight. It's the section where the label fits. Better late than never!
    Rochester Avionic Archives > View Object

I love this thread,its like finding some great pieces, from the comfort of the computer desk! great find,please keep them coming

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7