Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

British Army Dump - October 2011 - Last RRPG dig of the year !

Article about: Hi all Well, I don't think it is a PIAT part. Here are two pictures from the manual. Now unless the bit WH has is made up of more than one of the parts shown, it doesn't appear to be part of

?

Default Re: British Army Dump - October 2011 - Last RRPG dig of the year !

on the side if i remember correctly !.....what a plum lol

***sigh***

?

****double intake of breath**** two sighs and a tut tut

?

Typical... I'm always looking for British Army dumps and all I ever find are Victorian bottle dumps... I'd kill to find a hoard like this!

Well Mr Punk, you can always apply to join RRPG That way you could join us on our next trip PM me if you're interested and I'll tell you what you need to do.

Steve T

Hi Steampunk,
    Dig the bottles and sell them (ebay) then invest the money in WW2 relics, then you're sort of digging the relics yourself.
    Remember there will be military dumps near you, at sites like old Airfields, Army Camps, training areas, POW camps etc the dump sites will be in the same sort of places and show the same clues as the Old Bottle dumps that you've already found. Good Luck with your searches and hopefully meet you on a dig if you decide to join the RRPG crew.
    All the Best
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Ok Ok!!! Here's some pics! Including a couple of pics of why its taking so long!

First two (if I can get the photos in the right order) are a before and after shot of my more important finds to clean first.

British Army Dump - October 2011 - Last RRPG dig of the year !British Army Dump - October 2011 - Last RRPG dig of the year !

I keep cleaning and putting things straight on the relevant shelf. So here is Sten shelf, Lee Enfield shelf, and Browning .30 cal and Vickers shelf.

British Army Dump - October 2011 - Last RRPG dig of the year !British Army Dump - October 2011 - Last RRPG dig of the year !British Army Dump - October 2011 - Last RRPG dig of the year !British Army Dump - October 2011 - Last RRPG dig of the year !

then my few PIAT bits

but what are these two any ideas? drill round for size.

this piece is for attaching the steam hose to the water jacket for the .30 cal

then the reason everything is taking so long... there just so much of it SEE!!!

British Army Dump - October 2011 - Last RRPG dig of the year !British Army Dump - October 2011 - Last RRPG dig of the year !British Army Dump - October 2011 - Last RRPG dig of the year !

Mouse

PS squeek squeek
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Army Dump - October 2011 - Last RRPG dig of the year !  

oh... and the can of Pepsi seen on one of the photos was dug up where John was digging... not missing a can are you John?

Looks like you have a bit of to sink your teeth into. It would be nice if one of you were able to put together a complete relic weapon.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

At this rate, I'm sure with a couple more trips, some super glue and some imagination we probably could!

But, your not wrong. I got lots to do!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast