Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

British Army Dump - October 2011 - Last RRPG dig of the year !

Article about: Hi all Well, I don't think it is a PIAT part. Here are two pictures from the manual. Now unless the bit WH has is made up of more than one of the parts shown, it doesn't appear to be part of

Default Re: British Army Dump - October 2011 - Last RRPG dig of the year !

Blimey DM. No wonder you'd not posted anything until now ! Did you take the WHOLE dump home with you ????? And poor ol' Dave had one small bucket of finds........mind you, he did spend most of his time climbing out of holes.

There are some great finds in amongst that lot. The PIAT sight is great, (I think you should give it to me BTW ), and the cap off one of the water cans is great to. The only ones I find are steel and rusted to hell and back.

Did you ever track down what gun the revolver handle is from ? (1st and 2nd picture).

Your Sten cocking handles show a nice range of mks. Should clean up quite well......mine did

Did you realise a No.1 end has invaded your Sten shelf BTW ?

Great stuff DM ! Thanks for showing

Steve T

ha ha ha... well its not all from that trip. Its just building up from all the visits, plus my normal site, plus Normandy etc and its just stocking up a bit

Oh yeah, that was going to be moved and stored away. But, didn't get far!

I have been experimenting with different cleaning methods... and today I went to check on one of my many tubs that has been sitting about with things soaking in various liquids. Today I went to on my "white vinegar" tub (inspired by Buttons) I pulled out a Sten cocking handle that came out amazing. Right back to bare metal! A Thompson sling piece, that two was great as even with my wire brush drill the crap wouldn't shift. A Lee Enfield sling buckle, that came out so shiny that you could see a manfs details stamped into it a Sten cup thing, that's the now the cleanest one in my collection. Also a few other bits that came out great. So, I have out in lots of other bits to soak for a few days. So, a good tip... don't worry about rust remover all the time. Try vinegar first, on some things it works a treat. I couldn't take a pic as its too dark. I will do it tomorrow if I remember.

Mouse

?

Herr Baron Frankenstein strikes again, or is it Egor, now thats a thought, howd you like a new nickname, i bet Steve will like it ha ha

Thanks for that DM. Sounds like a decent technique to add to the many methods we've already tried, tested and shared I will be giving it a try ASAP.

Quote by dangermouse View Post
    I couldn't take a pic as its too dark. I will do it tomorrow if I remember.

Mouse
    ......but it's a shame to see that the lekky board have cut you off again. Maybe if you turn the flash on on your camera and keep pressing it as you walk around your house you'll be able to find your way around.

Steve T

?

Dont spoil the atmosphere its the Gothic look, dark, sinister, something lurking in a bucket waiting to leap out and take over your mind, sorry i forgot , its DM were talking about, dont worry Egor your perfectly safe

Is it time guys that we get Dave some proper help. I think its in his best interest now... be cruel to be kind

DM

WOW, somebodys been busy. You've got your work cut out for you mate.

DM

Did you try anything else in the vinegar ? Did you take pictures of stuff that has had the vinegar treatment ?

I've got 4 litre bottles of white vinegar waiting to be used but I wanted to see the results of your try with it first

Steve T

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast