Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

British Sector inland of Sword Beach

Article about: Hi Steve Appreciate it thank you. regards philip

Default Re: British Sector inland of Sword Beach

Steve, I notice from the picture of the Bren completed that you too live off Rat-Pacs! Can't beat 'em.

Excellent restoration work there and well done at posting the fact you have permision.

Keep posting!!!!

Martyn.

Hi Martyn,

I find them great in the Winter over here, you need the energy for a full days digging in a Norman Winter! A friend of mine brings them over when he's on leave, the rations they get now are far better than the tinned stuff from years ago.

Cheers,

Steve

Haha! Always love getting my face into them. My better half thinks/knows I'm weird! Agree, better stuff now than we used to get.

Anyway, back to the thread... 2" mortar. Para-illum round I think. Drop "Navyman" a PM if you find anymore tails.

Keep up the good work!

Martyn.

Hi Martyn,

yep, found a lot of exploded and unexloded 2" Mortars, and 3" as well, para illume, WP/SMK, HE, The He ones we've found still have the pain on them, the protective caps and the coloured bands, but too dodgy to mess with.

Steve

Nice finds, I love the Sten, keep us posted on any new finds!
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Quote by Steve83 View Post
    Martyn, if you "need" a German relic helmet drop me a line
    If you have a spare i would love one.

cheers

philip

Quote by Steve83 View Post
    Hi Martyn,

I find them great in the Winter over here, you need the energy for a full days digging in a Norman Winter! A friend of mine brings them over when he's on leave, the rations they get now are far better than the tinned stuff from years ago.

Cheers,

Steve
    awww steve cmon dont you miss issue ghoulash just a lil bit that lovely purple colour and delicious aroma lol we used to lug pot noodles with us on the premiss if u can make a brew you can bang one of them together lol lot lighter too

Hi Phillip,

Packed most of my stuff away but will drop you a line in a month or so when I've got everything sorted out

Cheers,

Steve

Quote by panzerjaeger44 View Post
    awww steve cmon dont you miss issue ghoulash just a lil bit that lovely purple colour and delicious aroma lol we used to lug pot noodles with us on the premiss if u can make a brew you can bang one of them together lol lot lighter too

Pot noodles, yep lived on them for a bit! Super Noodles, corned beef and tabasco was a favourite!!

lol i hated canned rations with a passion remeber the burgers well only if u slice em first so pot noodles and marathonss lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast