Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The Bullet In The Wall ( Stavelot )

Article about: In the Ardennes, plenty of bullet markscan be seen in buildings. But somehow, you never seem to see the bullet..... But on my recent La Gleize trip, I noticed an old house in Stavelot about

Oh yes, the La Gleize Tiger.... they knocked that together at the REME workshops from surplus landing craft and dozer parts in '46 to boost the flagging post war tourist trade.

.... EVERYBODY knows that! !!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Nice one Martin.... why are there so many "EXPERTS" out there....and I use the word very loosely....Matt

I don't understand your point Martin ?
    I am aware of the history of the Battle of the Bulge and the Battle of Stavelot.
    RawlPlugs can be quite large Martin depending on the diameter of the bolt you are inserting into it. They are used quite often in roofing and cladding on buildings.

Yes, as you say its a bullet

an interesting thread martin Here are a few pictures that might interest you that i took a few years back, it shows damage caused during the soviet army offensive during the battle for berlin The Bullet In The Wall ( Stavelot )The Bullet In The Wall ( Stavelot )The Bullet In The Wall ( Stavelot )The Bullet In The Wall ( Stavelot )The Bullet In The Wall ( Stavelot )The Bullet In The Wall ( Stavelot )The Bullet In The Wall ( Stavelot )The Bullet In The Wall ( Stavelot )The Bullet In The Wall ( Stavelot )The Bullet In The Wall ( Stavelot )The Bullet In The Wall ( Stavelot )

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Oh yes, the La Gleize Tiger.... they knocked that together at the REME workshops from surplus landing craft and dozer parts in '46 to boost the flagging post war tourist trade.

.... EVERYBODY knows that! !!!
    Well they built the Panther at Bovington Tank Museum from spare parts.....

Quote by James C View Post
    The Bullet In The Wall ( Stavelot )
    The Russians aiming for the window were poor shots, weren't they?
    I'd feel pretty safe if I were in that room!!

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

thanks dan ,just shows how many shots the building took, i cant begin to imagine the amount of bullets that went through the openings

Quote by James C View Post
    thanks dan ,just shows how many shots the building took, i cant begin to imagine the amount of bullets that went through the openings
    I was having the same thoughts myself, I am surprised they didn't put a HE round through it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2