MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Canadian grave markers?

Article about: Deleted as I will stop posting relics I find in France.

Ok Anon.
    So we have the guarantee that all the German dog tags found in Russia are send to the German Bundeswehr for identification,and are not sold to international buyers.
    That 's a good thing.And i am reassured.

Quote by sebfrench76 View Post
    Ok Anon.
    So we have the guarantee that all the German dog tags found in Russia are send to the German Bundeswehr for identification,and are not sold to international buyers.
    That 's a good thing.And i am reassured.
    Save the sarcasm for people who are willing to put up with it, sadly for you I am not such a person.

No such ID tags are sold on this forum as far as I am aware but we as a forum cannot police what all diggers in the east or anywhere else do with the items they dig, and we can only attempt to control those who post on this forum. If you or any other members notice illegally dug items being offered for sale here then please contact a moderator about it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I thought i had wrote that there were no sarcasm in my question.
    Let me copy you a link to one of my contribution to this forum.
    Preservation of the souvenir means a lot to me,as you will see.
    When you receive this kinda letter...

If no sarcasm was intended then I apologise, but we can only police the members who post on the forum, if any wrong doing is noted please contact a mod and action will be taken. The mods support any activity that legally enables the fallen from any war to be identified and to allow closure for any surviving relatives but it must be done in line with the laws of the land in which the fallen or any other traces from past wars are located.
    Regards,

Jerry

No problemo.
    Sad to loose a member with interesting finds.

I appreciate the standards set by Forum Staff in this regard, as they align with my own...Like it or hate it, we have higher standards here far beyond "what's it worth?"... We exposed a grave robber on July 26th, with relic KIA helmets including hair, and tags...who was contacting folks in Germany trying to sell remains back to the families, and asking us for advice!!..."Interesting finds" perhaps...but illegal and downright rotten, and we don't have to tolerate or publicize it here...
    Consider it our humble attempt to maintain Integrity within the Militaria Community...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 08-21-2014 at 12:31 AM.

Quote by sebfrench76 View Post
    No problemo.
    Sad to loose a member with interesting finds.
    Indeed, that is very true but the forum cannot be seen to condone the illegal export of WWI artifacts from a country in which such objects are considered to belong to the state, no matter how much better off they would have been in the country to which they have been sent. If he had followed the laws of the land and had gotten permission to send them to Canada, then fine. Perhaps a French museum might have liked the opportunity to display them, but were it seems never asked. Maybe France has so much of this material that they would not have been interested in it, who knows not me, but the shipping of antiquities to other countries is not done in this day and age without permission of the country in which they were excavated.
    Regards,

Jerry

I want to know who's gonna clean the forum Webley??? It's sure had some use these last couple of weeks.....

Canadian grave markers?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I appreciate the standards set by Forum Staff in this regard, as they align with my own...Like it or hate it, we have higher standards here far beyond "what's it worth?"... We caught a grave robber last week, with KIA helmets including hair, and tags...who was contacting folks in Germany trying to sell remains back to the families..."Interesting finds" perhaps...but illegal and downright rotten, and we don't have to tolerate or publicize it here...
    cheers, Glenn
    That is downright despicable behavior I am glad he was dumb enough to post about it and get caught! Hopefully he was reported to the proper authorities to prevent any further extortion of families. I also completely agree with the standard set forth by the forum. Its sometimes easy to forget the seriousness of what we collect, and while it will be impossible to screen everything we should all do our best to keep everything as legit as possible. I applaud our admins and I am sure they do their best to work with members via pm before making the decision to ban someone.

Blimey
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast