Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can't quite remember... HELP

Article about: Somewhere in Germany there is a similar Waffen-SS grouping waiting to be uncovered. I'm sure this happened a lot.

Default Can't quite remember... HELP

I vaguely remember seeing a thread on either this forum or on google somewhere some time ago(Might have been a couple years) where a couple of guys dig up a chest with a German uniform(s), caps and other effects. It was an incredible find, and I would like to see it again, but I don't remember where I saw it.
    I do remember there was a winter cap there.

Anybody help me?
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Default Re: Can't quite remember... HELP

wow what can i say thanks for sharing that link thats incredible

?

Right, "where's the spade love?"

Thanks Danny!
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

I thought this was a fake? or was that a rumour someone started?

John

I don't think it is.
    Here is why:
    The chest found is rubber sealed, and if it has that, it preserves it so much better, look for example at the guy(Can't remember who it was, but you are a lucky man) who found an MG box that was rubber sealed, it looked brand new.
    Second: The rust outside shows that it has been there a long time.
    Third: The moisture inside, you will see that the boots, mapcase and other parts have been slightly attacked because of the moisture in the ground, and you can see that it has been there for some time.
    Fourth: What do they have to gain if this was faked?
    Fifth: I think whoever says that this is fake is just very very jealous.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.

I don't think there was ever a definitive answer John. Some guys said it was faked and some said they thought it was legit.

Jay

?

its certainly posible. There is post on the forum of an aircraft pilot landing in a bog and being preserved with skin and everything. whats to say it didint happen in this case.
    I am jealous....! Its the treasure chest to any collector, you cant get luckier than that

cheers,
    Pat

This will always be debated. I like to be open minded to this, i like to belive it is original done but i got no experince when it come to Relics.
    Yes German soldiers did bury stuff they wanted to keep after the way. There is a account i remember reading from a book called walking away from the thrid Reich. Where a buddy and him buryed there pistols in cases before they went and surrenderd to the Americans. I dont know if they ever went back and got those pistols.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast