Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Crew of B-24 Liberator wreckage in Malaysia jungle will be buried

Article about: Dear all.. In this incoming October, the crew of RAF B-24 Liberator KL654 which went missing one month after Japanese surrendered will be buried with military honours at Kuala Lumpur. It too

Default Crew of B-24 Liberator wreckage in Malaysia jungle will be buried

Dear all..

In this incoming October, the crew of RAF B-24 Liberator KL654 which went missing one month after Japanese surrendered will be buried with military honours at Kuala Lumpur. It tooks us 16 years for the research, completed investigation, gathering information the relatives and cooperated with Army Museum and volunteers from Britain that the remains of the crews were found and accepted by MoD. The remains will be buried in a single grave.

Default Re: Crew of B-24 Liberator wreckage in Malaysia jungle will be buried

Well done on bringing the honour of a decent burial to these brave airman.I hope and pray that there are still some close family members around who can attend the service.

Nice work. Thanks for posting this.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice work! Any more information and/or photographs?

Take a look at this. KL654 'R' Robert of 356 Sqn seen one week before it was lost on a 'Special Duties' mission.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Crew of B-24 Liberator wreckage in Malaysia jungle will be buried   Crew of B-24 Liberator wreckage in Malaysia jungle will be buried  

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Finally they can rest in peace

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Yes, those the photos can helped and proof to push MoD to accept that the wreckage which have the large R letter on the fuselage was the only B-24 that lost at Malaya during that time..

Fortunately that 3 crews were survived. They were transfered to other unit when the plane arrived at India shortly before going to Cocos Island. We do hope that they can reunited back with their friend during the funeral.