Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

D-day Omaha beach MG barrel found.

Article about: this is amazing ! Next to the little tree is the "Artillerie-beobachtungs-Stelle" where the soldiers called "Frerking" and "Fack" observed the beach. They sent

Fascinating....

Quote by Lenny Warren View Post
    Fascinating....
    Thank you for reading this threat and your interest.
    chris

?

I am in contact with a Museum ,who would like to have one of them to expose .
    If you are interested Email me

Quote by Munich View Post
    I am in contact with a Museum ,who would like to have one of them to expose .
    If you are interested Email me
    Thank you Munich,I will contact you.
    But I would like it to go to a Museum in the US makes things easier.
    chris

Just reading this thread now Chris and that is some find of that MG barrel. Pretty scary thing to uncover IMO..and what it contributed too during the beach landing. That barrel in itself is quite a few chapters..in an unnumbered amount of history and reference books. take good care of that! Nice find Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Just reading this thread now Chris and that is some find of that MG barrel. Pretty scary thing to uncover IMO..and what it contributed too during the beach landing. That barrel in itself is quite a few chapters..in an unnumbered amount of history and reference books. take good care of that! Nice find Regards Larry
    I will take good care of them.
    thank you for reading this thread.
    Glad I was ale to save a part of Omaha beach history.
    chris

This has been an absolutely fascinating read with an incredible story.

It's a shame that the UK TV series 'Time Team' (Time Team - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) has been cancelled as the they might have taken a real interest in this and they've got the know-how to get the ball rolling.

The episode where they excavated the 'The Somme's Secret Weapon' was particularly engrossing.

Tom.

Quote by Tommygunn View Post
    It's a shame that the UK TV series 'Time Team' (Time Team - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) has been cancelled as the they might have taken a real interest in this and they've got the know-how to get the ball rolling.

Tom.
    I believe that if you can wait until April something even better will be on our TV screens.....

Quote by Richard_J View Post
    I believe that if you can wait until April something even better will be on our TV screens.....
    That is a great website you got there.
    chris

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    That is a great website you got there.
    chris
    I cannot take much, if any credit for the RRPG website. It's mostly down to forum members Steve T and Harry211.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast