Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Is it dangerous ?

Article about: Exactly...something very similar, in any case, and with the same purpose. I assume that the knurled knob unscrews from the tube and has the pin attached to it? No idea as to what Nationality

?

The idea of metal detectorists is that they detect in a responsible manner, and become knowledgeable enough to recognise something that does'nt look quite right, especially when dealing with military sites which in all probability will contain some sort of items that could result in injury,if you don't know what it is leave it alone.

?

If I did leave this and other stuff behind I would never know what are they and never learn ...
    I learned that this item is not dangerous, next time I might not dig at all
    or return item to his place if I dig it up or never touch anything suspicious.

This area was park for 50 years and was checked out for dangerous items...
    Real (new) battlefield area of 90s in Bosnia are not my thing I don't come close to it knowing it is not safe.

But you can be hurt from leftover stuff from many wars or plain stuff like electrical cables or gas pipelines ...

?

Few weeks ago there was some digging in Sarajevo, Bosnia - new building or something
    and they found 500 kg bomb 2 m below ground... it was English bomb - target was railway station in WWII

Mechanical digger found it and disturbed it from position and it rolled 5 m down.

It was exploded in safe place...

?

Is it dangerous ?

Is it dangerous ?

You have to wonder what poor soul lost his lighter and under what circumstance!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

It was WWII or WWI ... it might be prototype for IMCO lighters

maybe owner of IMCO came to Bosnia and left it for filed testing in 1918

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4