Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

A day to be remembered or forgotten?

Article about: Last Monday completed 74 years the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, one of the most painful days of American History. I share with you here a link that brings a collection of dramatic photos

A day to be remembered or forgotten?Those who enjoy burning books and admire those who burnt them in the past will find trouble among the moderators and stalwart citizens of this site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRxWwSS2yKg

Ah, Academia...what a wonderful thing...... why use one word when you can use 1000. Some people are actually impressed. I still say the guy has a right to give his point of view, based on the reading HE has done, and should not be bludgeoned into submission...well actually banned from the face of this site which proudly proclaims impartiality.

Quote by Opladen View Post
    Ah, Academia...what a wonderful thing...... why use one word when you can use 1000. Some people are actually impressed. I still say the guy has a right to give his point of view, based on the reading HE has done, and should not be bludgeoned into submission...well actually banned from the face of this site which proudly proclaims impartiality.
    I for one prefer sophisticated, intelligent 1,000-word-posts by academics to Mr. Nomis' easy-to-read soapbox statements with their blatant anti-intellectualism and bullying any day.

The point of view that he has formed, based on the reading he had done, is that a country's entire population is worthless and that he is entitled to publicly insult said population. I should say that something was wrong with the reading material, its recipient, or both.

And no matter how hard you to try to defend it, such behaviour is inexcusable in any civilized environment, especially one with an international membership.

(And I say this as a non-American and non-academic, by the way.)

But, given your comments on this as well as the "Nazi War Diggers back again" thread, it is clear that you have some fundamental beef with this forum and its members and that nothing I or anybody else says is going to change that.

This aint facebook buddy!....

A day to be remembered or forgotten?A day to be remembered or forgotten?A day to be remembered or forgotten?
    And on what tabloid drivel do you base your opinion of history and current politics?

Please share it with us, and why don't you try to maintain a minimum of politeness in doing so.

No one has insulted you, did they?

And if you are insulted by people with books, you are going to have a lot of problems with this site. I will make sure of it, as I work very hard to make this site worthwhile,

and people who degrade it with this kind of garbage get sent elsewhere, and it is not because of freedom of speech.

Too many bigots and bomb throwers hide behind this statement nowadays for their wretched purpose.

Andreas made the salient points, and perhaps you want to entertain all the prejudices and hatreds that exist in the historical space about Perfidious Albion?
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-08-2016 at 09:44 PM.

Nor would Mr. Opladen ever dare to say these things to my face, since the heroism of the screen is limitless, is it not?

And if Mr. Opladen is in the FRG, there are growing legal remedies on politically violent posts on the internet, and we here are well connected with the authorities

so that such heaving rocks at persons is not without its consequences.

Siehe da

https://www.verfassungsschutz.de/

Quote by nomis View Post
    At least it got the Americans off their backsides to engage in actually doing something to help those being murdered who were fighting and dying , in front of their daily viewing, to stop the tyranny that was the Axis union.

Shame the Americans only ever help anyone else if they are feeling directly at risk themselves.

Up the States, and long live our ' special ' relationship.

And no, I won't be reading the abusive responses. You know who you are.

SF.

This kind of post has no place here, and the moderators do not tolerate such a thing.

and nor do I, because, in its essential character, this post has nothing to do with history and simply manifests nationalist hatreds of a vulgar and common kind.

This kind of the norm is the norm in the internet, and it is the precursor to actual violence, and it also wastes the time of serious people.

People who enjoy this kind of intellectual flatulence and promote such abuse of the common space form a subject of great interest for the persons who maintain the sanitation of this site.
    and who invest a huge amount of effort to do so.

A day to be remembered or forgotten?A day to be remembered or forgotten?A day to be remembered or forgotten?A day to be remembered or forgotten?My thanks, once again, to the moderators for their excellent sanitation and their adherence to the idea that this site aspires to a higher standard, especially with
    the pursuit of knowledge. The soap box orator in 2016 has thousands and thousands of places to declaim their rage and hatred. The handful of persons who
    still are interested in knowledge and debate have fewer places to go. Nor are pictures of beautiful young women and their luncheons the only use for the internet,
    though I am very much in favor of beautiful young women with full stomachs and a sense of aesthetics. The internet can also adhere to standards of inquiry, debate, reflection, and decorum as done by our betters over the centuries of civilization and culture.

The moderators here are a special group in my view, and they have attracted a fine membership, of all continents, of all nations, and with a shared interest in debate
    and mutual respect. The alternative view, however, is winning as of this moment, and as it does so, the violence of words in the digital space quickly moves into the physical world, as the past two years have demonstrated. Do we want to promote this process?

My warm thanks.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-08-2016 at 10:31 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast