Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A Dead WWII Soldier's Camera Was Just Found. You Won't Believe What Was On It.

Article about: So I found this on Facebook just now and thought I would share it because I've never heard of WW2 film being recovered before. "In the mountainsides of Luxembourg, a U.S. Navy Captain,

?

Default A Dead WWII Soldier's Camera Was Just Found.

So I found this on Facebook just now and thought I would share it because I've never heard of WW2 film being recovered before.

"In the mountainsides of Luxembourg, a U.S. Navy Captain, Mark D. Anderson, and a historian, Jean Muller, came across this camera while searching for artifacts from The Battle of the Bulge, a crucial World War II battle which took place in 1944. With the help of a metal detector, they came across a foxhole that was dug during the battle. In it, they found the belongings of an American soldier, Technician Fifth Grade Louis J. Archambeau. Archambeau died in the battle, but he left behind a camera with an undeveloped roll of film in it. Anderson and Muller developed the film and, this dead soldier’s photographs were revealed. These are the things that Louis J. Archambeau saw, and now we are seeing them today, 70 years later."

Company C, 1st Battalion, 317th Infantry Regiment

Louis J. Archambeau’s camera
    Last edited by Brutus; 07-04-2014 at 05:10 AM.

You can almost feel the cold .... brr.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

wow very cool . Gary

It does look bloody freezing! What an amazing find, great stuff!

What a fantastic find,and the fact that the latent images survived undeveloped for all of these years,but sad that Archambeau did not survive the battle.

Any idea as to what type of film Archambeau was using ?

Some close up images of his camera would be nice too,if possible.

Great stuff.

Regards,Martin.

?

Very interesting

The conditions for US troops in the Bulge were horrible. The men were pulled in to the battle area without winter foot wear and some proper winter clothing. So many veterans I met over the years who fought here told me they would never forget the severe cold they had to endure. They suffered and died in great numbers but in the end, Hitler's last fool hardy gamble failed helping to lead to the collapse on all fronts in 1945.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by martinw View Post
    What a fantastic find,and the fact that the latent images survived undeveloped for all of these years,but sad that Archambeau did not survive the battle.

Any idea as to what type of film Archambeau was using ?

Some close up images of his camera would be nice too,if possible.

Great stuff.

Regards,Martin.
    I didn't find out what film it was but I believe the camera was a Kodak Junior 616.

In France, we think it's a fake because argentic can't resist 70 years. The third picture is in north Alsace.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

That would certainly be a great shame if someone is scamming the memory of a fallen soldier...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast