MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

digging along the WW1 Italian front line

Article about: by jayh is this the aciago (sp)? hi! the correct spelling actually is ASIAGO. well, most of the finds come from Monte Grappa , see Monte Grappa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia carnia, see

?

Default digging along the WW1 Italian front line

Hi folks,

I am kinda new to this forum even if I have previously visited it from now to then in the past. I am Italian and live between Italy and Sweden. (Ni svenskar, normenn og danske som läser snälla hör av er )
    Been digging for 20 odd years, purely for passion and desire to share with others what´s left of that cruel war between 1915 and 1918 along the front line in Northern Italy. I am not a grave-digger, I do not do it for business or money what so ever, what drives me is real passion for history and mountainering and needless to say deep respect for the fallen ones.

Preferred stuff? well, definately rubbish pits and personal belongings of any kind, mostly K.u.k. army, Kappenabzeichen amongst other things.
    Mind you, searching for ww1 relics in Italy is not the likes of digging for ww2 in Russia or in the Baltic, but hey we just have so much fun anyway even if finding good spots is getting so much harder every time we are out there

Any question, query o request pls send an mp.

Hope you enjoy some pics of quite good digging trips of the past 3 years or so.

Best Regards to everyone from Stockholm,

Gian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture digging along the WW1 Italian front line   digging along the WW1 Italian front line  

digging along the WW1 Italian front line   digging along the WW1 Italian front line  

Last edited by Lyngen; 05-19-2011 at 09:11 AM.

?

Default Re: digging along the WW1 Italian front line

some more....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture digging along the WW1 Italian front line   digging along the WW1 Italian front line  

digging along the WW1 Italian front line   digging along the WW1 Italian front line  

Very nice stuff great findings , do you have any pic of the items when it's clean?

Nice finds!!!
    From what rifle is the piece in pic one?

Regards

?

and...

?

for Ingrid Patrouille : we r talking about standard Austro-Hungarian infantryman Mannlicher M1895 rifle or carabine.

?

Quote by Nordland/Danmark View Post
    Very nice stuff great findings , do you have any pic of the items when it's clean?
    Hi, I do have some, I shall post them too sooner or later.

?

here some of the settings when out there on the hunt

?

one last batch before bedtime

Quote by Lyngen View Post
    for Ingrid Patrouille : we r talking about standard Austro-Hungarian infantryman Mannlicher M1895 rifle or carabine.
    Thanks.
    Nice landscape!

Regards

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast