Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 97 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 ... LastLast

Digging in KURLAND

Article about: And this is short documentary about how we dug out Grossdeutchland soldiers.

?

Default Re: Digging in KURLAND

You've got some really good stuff coming out of the ground there ID121.
    I feel a move to Riga coming on mate!!!

Regards etc
    Ian D
    AKA: Jimpy

Better scans of tank.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Digging in KURLAND   Digging in KURLAND  

Fantastic finds! Well done indeed.

Thanks for sharing the photo's, no matter what some people say, it's good to see dedication to uncovering such history. Don't stop.

Martyn.

Truely stunning finds Andris, the german cross is in very good condition concidering its time in the ground , keep them comeing ,, cheers Raymond

I'm selling this ligter, because I have exactly like this in my collection. And also some other new items on my eBay.

You can buy it here WW2 ORIGINAL German LIGHTER RARE Item with story - eBay (item 260631497049 end time Jul-13-10 13:03:46 PDT)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Digging in KURLAND  

Opening season 2010... 28 March we have snow
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Digging in KURLAND   Digging in KURLAND  

Digging in KURLAND   Digging in KURLAND  

I can't understand who was the owner. Could it be a German soldier, who served in this Stalag, or it could be some polish prisoner of war, who joined German army later and threw his ID tag in may 1945 in Kurland? Interesting is the number of ID tag and the other thing, that it is on the aluminum disc...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Digging in KURLAND  

Maybe it belonged to a camp guard? Stalag 1A was the most northerly camp in Germany being located in East Prussia close to the Polish/Russian border. During January 1945 as the Russians invaded, some of the guards were sent to the frontline. Take a look at this link and see if any of the areas mentioned, or the maps have a bearing on where you found the tag.

Stalag 1A and its inmates

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Maybe it belonged to a camp guard? Stalag 1A was the most northerly camp in Germany being located in East Prussia close to the Polish/Russian border. During January 1945 as the Russians invaded, some of the guards were sent to the frontline. Take a look at this link and see if any of the areas mentioned, or the maps have a bearing on where you found the tag.

Stalag 1A and its inmates

Regards, Ned.
    Ned, but stamps on it is made like on POW ID tag. The most interesting is the personal number on this ID tag. And it can't be January 1945 because it was found in South Kurland in January was already made Kurland Kessel, so it was imposible to go by land to Kurland and it was found in German side some 5-7 kilometers from last frontline of 08. 05. 1945.

Regards,
    Andris

After making photos all guns was thrown in neatest river.

Digging in KURLAND  

Page 11 of 97 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 ... LastLast