Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 23 of 97 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 73 ... LastLast

Digging in KURLAND

Article about: And this is short documentary about how we dug out Grossdeutchland soldiers.

Default Re: Digging in KURLAND

Yesterday we found some new places, but nothing interesting, I hadn't possibility to take photos of all finds.

1. Early morning 7.45 AM, first finds, several IL-2 attack plane cannon cases...

Digging in KURLAND

2, 3 Russian 122 mm HE gone through barrel, I hate to see ordnance in forests, really dangerous...

Digging in KURLAND

Digging in KURLAND

4. German engineer's pickaxe

Digging in KURLAND

5. In that place grond is full of cartridges, shrapnel and projectiles, there was one of the most heavy battles in Kurland.

Digging in KURLAND

6. Huge fragment of 122 mm Russian HE

Digging in KURLAND

7. Some scrap

Digging in KURLAND

8. Two projectiles in swamp....

Digging in KURLAND

9. Same swamp, part of horse carriage

Digging in KURLAND

We had some information about bunker on side of hill where after battle local people burried dead soldiers.... It was some other place.....

10, 11. That side of hill

Digging in KURLAND

Digging in KURLAND

12. But, unfortunately we hadn't found them, only FLAK shells

Digging in KURLAND

13. And some empty mortrar boxes

Digging in KURLAND

Great finds!

Look's like Heaven to me where you live.
    I love reading this thread.
    I don't like it eather when I find UXO's, but it reminds me that this isn't a game,
    65 years in the ground or water don't make them less dangerous.

?

What a FANTASTIC Thread one of the best I have read, I believe that Latvia still have a lot to be uncovered, I bought several relics from a Well known digger called Evgenij you probably know him...Congratulations!!!

Thanks for comments.

Tomorrow I hope that all will be OK and I will go to Kurland again, tommorow is good weather forecast, warm +10 celsium and no rain.

Superb finds again Inf.

The water in the picture shows discolouration due to the iron oxide leeching into it. I look for water this colour whenever searching as there is always a relic in it.

Good luck on your next trip.

Steve T

what are you doing with this stuf ????????you dig from 10 years but i never see another people from another country to dig may i ask you way ...maby some people from this forum want som staf from private colection ...to go to dig....no offense but ex russian country you make busines from that...whay dont you expline the low about hunting relic from ww2 ....i send you a private message and you dont answer do you think all people make busines from this ww2 relic nooo there is some people hoo love to have a colection ..no to make money from that

?

Quote by stalingradshadow View Post
    what are you doing with this stuf ????????you dig from 10 years but i never see another people from another country to dig may i ask you way ...maby some people from this forum want som staf from private colection ...to go to dig....no offense but ex russian country you make busines from that...whay dont you expline the low about hunting relic from ww2 ....i send you a private message and you dont answer do you think all people make busines from this ww2 relic nooo there is some people hoo love to have a colection ..no to make money from that
    What point are you trying to make here ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

mate i guess some peopel dig to make money and some not, if you dig and sell something it is your bussines and not of someone else, this guy had some great finds and i guess he collects some of this things as well, it is hard work to find places, make research, talk to peopel and so on, so why do you not want him to sell stuff, if you dig and find something you dont want do you not sell it, i think inf div 121 makes all right and you dont have to be angry with him,
    inf div 121 keep it on you do a great job

Ignore such posts and please keep digging and sharing your excellent work with us. If you can make money doing this, I am happy for you. At least these things don't stay in the ground rotting and being lost forever.

Page 23 of 97 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 73 ... LastLast