Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 35 of 97 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 85 ... LastLast

Digging in KURLAND

Article about: And this is short documentary about how we dug out Grossdeutchland soldiers.

Default Re: Digging in KURLAND

Clasp is in my friends collection, I have only old photos of it.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battl...28/#post221728

Strange, I can't see the photo.

?

Great thread, just scoured through most of your pages, your finds are truly amazing
    keep up the good work and posting those pics

?

Thanks Andris i forgot that you had posted it before !! What roughly was the location ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

i talk with a boy from hurland also dig he said to me in 2 years there you be no relic in latvia there is a lot of people ho dig and also came from another country because the low its easy and you just talk with the owner of the land giv some money and go to work after sell and make a lot of money ,,,,but i know there is a people in your country discover death soldier take all from body .........maby you understud ....you are legal i know ,,,but its sad to take something for bodys and dont call autority i sow some picture from facebook hmm

Stalingradshaddow, Yes it is so, good places are dug out, Lithuanian guys come to Kurland for digging, too many diggers, there are about 5000 diggers in Latvia.

Yes, for many people it is only business, now as good WW2 and WW1 places are heavily dug out, black diggers can't earn money there, so they found new way of business, they started to dig medieval cemeteries, they totally destroy our history, police can't do anything against them because we have stupid laws. Black diggers don't care about any laws and cultural and historical aspects, they just dig to have money, no thinking about future. What You said is perfectly described situation with these old cemeteries.

About dead soldiers, I never take anything from them, many diggers also do so and they give bones with personal items to us, we make rebury, we also work with Volksbund and Russian government. We are collecting soldiers who were dug out by unofficial diggers in whole country and we use our fuel bought for our earned money.

I dig only for fun and only WW1 and WW2 in weekends, for me it is hobby, I sell some items which I don't need in collection, but I have such need, because in other way I wouldn't have money for fuel, one liter cost's here 2$, but minimal salary is 400$ and the way to Kurland for me is about 100-150 kilometers one way. I spend on fuel much more than I can earn from my dug out items.

Regards,
    Andris

i buy small thinks from you man from e bay ..very ....very nice ... i know the life is no good people from your country came in denmark to work for a good money also me iam in dk from 4 year i have family here danish wife ...iam romanian ...next year i go to your country to dig ,,,i have some conexion ...but only relics ho huntings body ...keep diging man i respect you work ....

Quote by stalingradshadow View Post
    i buy small thinks from you man from e bay ..very ....very nice ... i know the life is no good people from your country came in denmark to work for a good money also me iam in dk from 4 year i have family here danish wife ...iam romanian ...next year i go to your country to dig ,,,i have some conexion ...but only relics ho huntings body ...keep diging man i respect you work ....

Give me to know when You will come here, will have few beers with You and may be also some digging.

i have some boutles of calsberg from 1944 hmm smell good tasted good good after 70 years iam joke tank you and keep in touchDigging in KURLANDDigging in KURLANDDigging in KURLAND
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Digging in KURLAND  

Thumbs up Re: Digging in KURLAND

Many thanks for creating this thread and sharing it with us. I've just spent some time looking through the pics with amazement : for some reason I found the hotel key-tag from Le Touquet particularly poignant......

Page 35 of 97 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 85 ... LastLast