MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Digging in Ostpreussen

Article about: by Steve T If you're looking for German or Russian items in abundance maybe, but Britain has masses of relics to find, just look at my collection!! You just have to know where to dig........

Default Re: Digging in Ostpreussen

As I said in earlier posts in Poland difficult to get permission to dig. That's why I and most people who have the interest to go dig in the night.

Quote by Tomasz Olszewski View Post
    As I said in earlier posts in Poland difficult to get permission to dig. That's why I and most people who have the interest to go dig in the night.
    Are you not therefore breaking Polish law by digging without a permit? If so this activity is criminal and cannot be condoned or encouraged. What are the permits for? Are they to stop unregulated plunder of historical artifacts by anyone who just happens to have a spade in hand?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

In the UK we have a term for those who dig at night , illegally without permission " Nighthawks ".

Unfortunately this would appear to be what you are doing and we as a forum will never condone such illegal activity or allow it to be posted here so i am going to close this thread , Tomasz please contact me by pm if you feel this is unjustified or you can explain the situation,

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Metal Detector Users and Archaeology in Poland

In Poland The Protection and Care of Historical Monuments Act of 23 July 2003 (o ochronie zabytków i opiece nad zabytkami, rok 2003) forbids any amateur search for artifacts, either for commercial or for personal use.

From a research paper on the subject:
    Destruction of archaeological sites by treasure hunters, a phenomenon which was almost unknown, or occurred only sporadically, until the middle of the 1990s, has recently becomeone of the most serious threats to the archaeological heritage of Poland (Banasiewicz and Ginalski 1997).
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4