Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ebay, Really Folks?

Article about: by ObKrieger Ebay is very good for when you want to see what a fake item, or an overpriced original item looks like. True. But, sometimes you can find diamonds in the rough! One of my Red St

Wink Ebay, Really Folks?

Hello,

I'm new to the forum but like it already.
    Anyway to the point of the thread. I've bought a few things from Ebay but seriously how many German soldiers lost their SS Totenkough rings at Stalingrad and Lativia. Utterly Pathetic. The rings aren't even good copies anymore they look like someone mugged a goth guy and covered his pinky ring in mud and said it was dug from a German SS position in Lativia. Any thoughts?

?

Default Re: Ebay, Really Folks?

As long as people keep buying them, people will keep selling them.
    Welcome to the forum!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks, It does bother me, but what's a guy to do!

?

Don't look at ebay!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Few know this, but the SS had a Biker Gang Division, many of whom lost their accessories during the Battle of Stalingrad.

Mat

If there are always buyers, there will always be sellers. Nothing wrong with selling a repro item, or even a fantasy item, as long as it is labeled and advertised as exactly that. But, as you have seen, someone will be less than honest because they know someone out there will spend their hard earned money without doing much homework. I found this forum by chance in August, and joined in September, and it was one of the best things I have ever done for my collection. It has saved me several times from making bad purchases, and I have learned a lot, too. If possible, post here any items you are interested in to solicit opinions on authenticity (unless it's an item you already know 100% is good.) Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes folks, and thanks Max never knew that! I knew about the thug groups but not bikers..Food for thought!

?

Those SS Kradmelder were a wild bunch it must be their chrome helmets that are sold on ebay as well as the rings !!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

What!!!! There not real???? I based my whole collection on these rare rings....

Quote by MrMosel View Post
    Hello,

I'm new to the forum but like it already.
    Anyway to the point of the thread. I've bought a few things from Ebay but seriously how many German soldiers lost their SS Totenkough rings at Stalingrad and Lativia. Utterly Pathetic. The rings aren't even good copies anymore they look like someone mugged a goth guy and covered his pinky ring in mud and said it was dug from a German SS position in Lativia. Any thoughts?
    Ebay is very good for when you want to see what a fake item, or an overpriced original item looks like.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast