Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

England's King Richard III under a parking lot in the city of Leicester

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson Watched the TV programme about finding his remains last night. The lady involved from the Richard III society was a bit melodramatic. But an interesting find never the le

Default Re: England's King Richard III under a parking lot in the city of Leicester

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Watched the TV programme about finding his remains last night. The lady involved from the Richard III society was a bit melodramatic. But an interesting find never the less.

The daily rate for an Leicester NCP car park is £18.50. Richard III has been there 192,649 days. He owes £3,564,006.50 in parking fees.

Cheers, Ade.
    I agree about the lady Ade also, it was a shame it was broadcast on Channel 4, the advert breaks every 10 minutes became rather irritating, and I fell asleep towards the end, although it was an interesting broadcast. It will be interesting to learn what they intend to do with the remains

Default Re: England's King Richard III under a parking lot in the city of Leicester

When they said they were building a car park in Leicester, he said over my dead body!

Quote by TestMatch View Post
    When they said they were building a car park in Leicester, he said over my dead body!
    Very good !

I thought it was a very interesting program, just a bit peeved they broadcast it over the news that daym would have been nice to find out on the program. I also like bust of him at the end. If the girl working on that had no knowledge of his features and modeled it just on the anatomy it was a very good likeness
    Ben

Steven Berkoff's ' My Car Park Years' by Richard lll, very clever

Audioboo / Richard the Third: My Car Park Years

Nice to know we now have concrete evidence its him !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

The daily rate for an Leicester NCP car park is £18.50. Richard III has been there 192,649 days. He owes £3,564,006.50 in parking fees. (Quote from Ade)

Now is the Warden of our discontent.

A

?

Great one liners !!

The present Royals had better be prepared for a visit from the Council debt Collectors !!

Got to agree Phillipa Langley was a bit intense over old Richard , in fact oddly intense , i wouldn't be surprised if one of his bones is now in the bottom of her handbag !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

R III's "Hump-a-long" signature tune ..

"It started with a cist" .....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3