Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fallshirmjager ring...

Article about: This ring was found in Holland close to a LW bunker. I must add it was not found by myself, but by a metal detectorist whom has nothing with military collecting. The question he had was if t

Default Fallshirmjager ring...

This ring was found in Holland close to a LW bunker. I must add it was not found by myself, but by a metal detectorist whom has nothing with military collecting. The question he had was if this ring could be original, ww2 era, or possible a post war copy that happend to be lost near a German bunker on the Dutch sea front.
    I have a feeling it might be original, looking at the patina, the silver plated cover that has worn of and the scratching in the Inside of the ring. But Im far from an expert on this matter, so I posted it here and hope you guys can help out.
    The eagle's tail seem to be a bit different from other LW rings I've seen, but having said that there might have been many different small factory's that made these, an maybe its not an official military (LW) ring.
    What are your thoughts on this one, and what are the odds it being a post war or a war time piece?
    Thanks for any input!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallshirmjager ring...   Fallshirmjager ring...  

Fallshirmjager ring...   Fallshirmjager ring...  

I see no immediate red flags on this ring. They have been heavily faked over the years, but this one I can see nothing wrong about it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I have to agree with Wagriff. Looks good to me, considering the patina and location of find.

?

Ditto
    Ditto

looks very similar to my para ring.

Would this ring stil have any value?

I too like this ring, if proven as the real deal, it for sure has a good value

I like the look of it too.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice ring, I do have a question, were those rings handmade by the soldiers? Were they solely decorative or a decoration of any kind? Thanks!

Certainly has believable wear to it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast