Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

finds whilst ploughing

Article about: by gibba1008 inside diameter 4 3/4 inches or 120 cm That would match the Fin Lock Nut M2 which has a thread diameter of 4.7 inches. The thread pitch is 12NS-1, NS later being renamed UNS I b

?

Default Re: finds whilst ploughing

Thx for the picture Gibba,

but these are much bigger then the ones i found.
    mine was half this size i guess.

?

Quote by Falschirmjager View Post
    Lol! Dont let poor old WEASEL at the B.O.C.N hear about this as hes so paranoid about live ordnance he wouldnt let his kid have caps for his toy gun lol!
    LOL, i was once in Bastogne and the old man of the museum/militaria shop told me how to disarm german AP shells.
    He just trew them in a fire that he made in a big bombcrater, they got so hot that the bottomfuze blew out, but the AP shell stayed intact, LOL
    i tried this with a 88mm AP Konigstiger Shell, i dug a hole of 1mtr and put a BBQ set in it, then lit it and put the shell on it.
    it costed half an hour before it exploded, OMG what a sound, and a flash i guess 5 mtrs high.
    the bottomfuze blew nearly 40cm in a side of the hole into the earth........
    we did it on 31 december...so no one really noticed....LOL
    They though we had some great firework
    again do try this at home or with US ordnance, it's not thick enough: it will explode into pieces...did we still tried......yes.....we were young and wild at hart.....we also drilled out some bottom fuzed from 37mm AA shells, made fireworks from 2" UK mortars etc.... my stomack hurts when i think about those silly days, glad we survived

gerrit, that is some story lol
    what you like at disarming a usaaf bomb, live but with no fuzes, just incase i should stumble across one!?
    ps, have you any pictures of your finds and firework displays?

?

Hi Gibba,

yes i got a lot of pics of my old amo collection, and also of my battlefield finds.
    My old amo collection is transferred in a ww2 museum in nothern Holland.
    I didnt had the permits so the police gave me the choice: take it away and destroy, or give it to a museum.
    The choice wasn't difficult.
    but now and then i need to go to the battlefields....just for the kick and old times sake...
    I just made a post on battlefield archeology: Verdun 2010
    i visited it this year with a few friends who i met online playing COD1,.
    an Englishman from Cypres, a german friend from frankfurt, my brother and a friend.
    I gave them a battlefield tour, we found a lot on sight, only disarmed 2 german egggrenade, they had no fuze, only a transport cap.

If you like just take a look at Photobucket:
    Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Best regards,
    Ger

?

Quote by gibba1008 View Post
    ...I ploughed up this rather nice object, the complete rear end of a bomb...

Attachment 151268
    If you could measure the inside and outside diameter of the Fin Lock Nut I should be able to identify which bomb it's off.

All the best,
    PB

Poor old Weasel as you put is a moderator on bocn and as such he upholds the rules and guidelines put in place by admin .There have been several occasions now on this site now where members have had a go at bocn for our rules which we have in place for good reasons .These rules/guidelines which you whine about are on view in several locations on the site for all to read prior to posting anything on the site.I dont come here and break site rules then go and moan on bocn about warrelics when i get pulled by a moderator.We have recomended warrelics to people into digging and metal detecting relics in the past,something i think we will now have to seriously reconsider.sorry its come to this Ade
    spotter

I am sorry for those comments. I have removed them. Every forum has it's own rules and all should respect them out of simple good manners.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by gerrit View Post
    LOL, i was once in Bastogne and the old man of the museum/militaria shop told me how to disarm german AP shells.
    He just trew them in a fire that he made in a big bombcrater, they got so hot that the bottomfuze blew out, but the AP shell stayed intact, LOL
    i tried this with a 88mm AP Konigstiger Shell, i dug a hole of 1mtr and put a BBQ set in it, then lit it and put the shell on it.
    it costed half an hour before it exploded, OMG what a sound, and a flash i guess 5 mtrs high.
    the bottomfuze blew nearly 40cm in a side of the hole into the earth........
    we did it on 31 december...so no one really noticed....LOL
    They though we had some great firework
    again do try this at home or with US ordnance, it's not thick enough: it will explode into pieces...did we still tried......yes.....we were young and wild at hart.....we also drilled out some bottom fuzed from 37mm AA shells, made fireworks from 2" UK mortars etc.... my stomack hurts when i think about those silly days, glad we survived
    I had a little moment when I read that bit, then I realised you meant 'Dont'

Quote by Paul B View Post
    If you could measure the inside and outside diameter of the Fin Lock Nut I should be able to identify which bomb it's off.

All the best,
    PB
    i presume the fin lock nut is the ring on the outside with the lugs?
    this is the measurement if so... outside diameter 5 3/4 inches or 146 cm
    inside diameter 4 3/4 inches or 120 cm

many thanks

?

You are so right LOL, don't do this at home.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast