Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

First Ever Search and Find! Wana Ridge, Okinawa

Article about: Hey everyone! I have been a member of this forum for a little bit of time and love the idea of recovering lost artifacts from battles in World War II. I'm an active duty U.S. Marine and I'm

Thank you for the kind words Glenn! Indeed it's my own piece of Marine Corps History that I can tell people about and physically show them. It's special to find something from the War that speaks so much even through a small item. I wish I could be here for a lot longer than I am, but I will do everything I can to make the most of my time while I'm here.

Thanks for your Service and thanks for sharing your discovery with us...Wishing you continued good fortune in your endeavor and we look forward to hearing from you again soon! No matter how small it is, the event itself was epic...and there you have a tangible connection to your fellow Marine from the battlefield...
    I'm very happy for you!
    cheers, Glenn

No it wasn't him. This one was Maj Carlos Cruanes. He was in the initial invasion of Iraq in Desert Storm so he probably would have been there in the 80s. Next time I talk with him I will see if he still has those pictures and post them on here for you to see. I hear a lot of the battlefield in the Pacific have been largely untouched! It would be awesome exploring them. Coolest one I have been to so far was Monte Cassino but other than burnt out buildings with a lot of vegetation growing over, theres not much left

?

Semper Fi Devil Dog and I hope you are having a Very Merry Christmas away from Home.

Thank you for your service and thanks for sharing your finds.

Semper Fi
    Phil

v/nice find,and thank you for your service,stay safe.happy new year.

MAP
    ?

Nice find. Just be careful. Lots of laws in Okinawa about removing artifacts. I was there a few years back and was told so many times. Great island. Fantastic food and a great history.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you all for the awesome replies. We are trying to head back next week to a spot a fellow hunter has told me about. He said that it would be the first place he would go to if he came back, and it's relatively hard to find. I will definitely post updates to this post when we head out! Even if we don't find much I want to share the battlefield with you all!

Semper Fi,
    Andy

Quote by robin morley View Post
    Thats Great, I recall the first fired casing I found near Lochnagar crater on the western front, The thought that the last person to hold the case had been fighting for their life nearly 100 years previously was quite overwhelming. Good luck with your future searches, Welcome to the forum and finally, Merry Christmas to you and your collegues.
    I found something better there in '98
    Tribute | Eagle Relics

It's great when you find something that you can directly link to history!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2