Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Genuine me262 jet relic?

Article about: Hi Im skeptical but would anyone 100% verify that this piece is actually a ME262 jet relic regulator box? RARE original German messerschmitt me 262 jet regulater box work number 37064 | eBay

Default Genuine me262 jet relic?

Hi Im skeptical but would anyone 100% verify that this piece is actually a ME262 jet relic regulator box?

RARE original German messerschmitt me 262 jet regulater box work number 37064 | eBay

has a data plate just like luftwaffe aircraft so...?

thanks

Default Re: Genuine me262 jet relic?

Probably was one - but then probably used in a LOT of aircraft - spices the ad up a bit to say Me262 I guess....
    Dan

Default Re: Genuine me262 jet relic?

Dan is right, it's from a German aircraft but parts were not usually made exclusively for one plane. Some parts for the 262 could found on planes like the 190 or 109. Saying 262 is definatly sexier and it's an effort for mor value from it

Jason

Hi Guys,
    I recently acquired a ME 262 airframe panel from aircraft 37064 15*12 inches(pilot Helmut Lennartz ), however what I would really like to know is were about on the aircraft is it from? I've been searching all manner of ME262 photos to see any resemblance with no luck. Any how ive attached some photos to see if anyone can give some kind of a clue, the closest I've come is the underside of the aircraft. Tom ConnorsGenuine me262 jet relic?Genuine me262 jet relic?

Dan Is right, this could come from any german aircraft. On ebay they always like to spruce up the add by saying its off a jet or off a special class of aircraft.

Tomconnors, in response to your question it would be good to see a close up of the print out you got. Without any solid provenance it is very hard to say that bit came off a Me262 aircraft, you have a bit of aluminium aroframe that could be off any aircraft really. One of the big problems flags is that that Me262 frames used straight row flush riveting not offset rivets like your section has.

Morris

Hi Morris,
    This is the URL for the information, as the photo is to big theyoxfordboysandtheme262. I have looked at photos by the landing gear and have the zig zag shape rivet sections, really I could do with more photos or the real thing itself.

To be honest i would still only have purchased it as an aircraft relic nothing more you have no stamped number that tie it to that aircraft , there are no real defining features or anything. Its a nice story but without good evidence there is not much more i can say sorry, I hope you did not pay to much for it.
    Morris

As the old saying goes, "Buy the artifact not the story". Depends a little on the price asked. But if more than "a few bucks" I would want some serial numbers as evidence it was what the seller said it was, particularly with an obscure piece such as this.