Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German bunker's in brittany

Article about: Hi, I hope this is this the right place to post this. Late last year , i took these photo's while i was exploring an area of the Atlantic wall in Brittany. I came across the MG42 bunker, wit

?

Default Re: German bunker's in brittany

I would'nt say that, in the main all the French people ive met plus the French members on here are all decent enough and have a respect for the fallen in their country, many help to preserve the history of the invasion and also attempt to stop desecration of sites and war graves, my beef is with certain members of the political authorities who have the power yet fail to weild it, i realise that its hard to patrol all the sites and to keep out the yobs without restricting access for everyone, but there should be a heavy penalty for any desecration of a historic site, the same goes for any country, you can never fully stop the damages or graffiti, but it still doesnt alter the fact that as what i'd like to do with them

Dave,

Dont get me wrong... I should have been more detailed..
    It was meant for the political people..
    I have the UPMOST respect for veterans,
    and the French people in a whole.. I know
    some STAND UP French people, nothing
    against the civilians..Just their Goverment..

Hello! I hope so!

also bear in mind France is a large country with the people from Normandy and Brittany having their own identities and characteristics,Ive always enjoyed their company and found them very welcoming to visitors and respectful of veterans and alive and dead,thyey also generally speak much better English than we do French

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    Hello! I hope so!
    Yes I do mean it...
    LOVED the peoples hospilitality
    AND there wine and cheese!!!

Quote by FJ5 chally View Post
    Yes I do mean it...
    LOVED the peoples hospilitality
    AND there wine and cheese!!!
    and the cider and pattiserie

I visited last year and started some threads of where I had been (see below). This bunker was close to a beach that we went to. Not the greatest of pictures and it appeared that it was being used for something.
    Lorient submarine pens
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/after...ne-pens-86676/

Museum at Reguiny
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/after...reguiny-97823/
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German bunker's in brittany   German bunker's in brittany  

German bunker's in brittany  

thanks for that I will check out your links,we are planning on spending a day around St Malo checking out the bunkers as it is only 45 minutes from where we are staying and I am hoping to find some antique shops or militaria dealers in the area

Plenty of bunkers around coast line of St Malo. I did not get chance to see them properly, only from the ferry!

festung st Malo is somewhere Ive been meaning to visit for some time and am going to try for the isle de Cezembre if possible as well

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2