Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ground dug Buckle from Auvere

Article about: Hi guys heres a few pics of my buckle dug up at Auvere ,with my good friends from Estonia , cheers Raymond

Default Re: Ground dug Buckle from Auvere

Hi guys , well i managed to get a good picture of the buckle , and yes its on your list Ben , hope its not a let down for you , M4 70 Kugel @ Fink Ludensheild 1936 , i dont know much about the history behind them but if it is correct being 1936 is quite specal for me . And as Demas has mentioned finding this buckle there at that spot and his feelings about there being a buckle there somewhere also makes it very specal to me as well, it was one of the highlights for me on that trip . Also to think that it was quite possible i surpose the soldier the belt was first issued to possibly around 1936 could have worn it until the day it was left lying on that very spot ,wonder what became of him , to be found over 60 years later by a guy that traveled from the bottom of the world ,New Zealand .Awesome .

Any history on the buckle would be great to here about cheers Raymond

Nice buckle guys, especially since it has been in the ground all these years. The maker is like you said Kugel & Fink
    Ben

rochester
    ?

Great aluminum 3rd Reich "God With Us" buckle...They had a few buckles like this. Great site/forum too!

?

it is always amazing to see how the soil over there preserves these artifacts. Here the alloy is literally eaten up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2