Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Ground Dug Para Stable Belt Buckle

Article about: Hi Can anyone tell me which time period this buckle came from? I dug it from an area thats been used by the Army for training exercises since the Second World War. The metal on it doesnt see

Default Ground Dug Para Stable Belt Buckle

Hi
    Can anyone tell me which time period this buckle came from? I dug it from an area thats been used by the Army for training exercises since the Second World War. The metal on it doesnt seem to match, but they were found beside each other so its probably from the same belt.
    Thanks

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ground Dug Para Stable Belt Buckle   Ground Dug Para Stable Belt Buckle  

Ground Dug Para Stable Belt Buckle  

Default Re: Ground Dug Para Stable Belt Buckle

Hi Danny, sadly it does not date from WW2. But many training grounds were used for years after the war. The Regt were not wearing this style of belt then. Also look at the crown insignia: this is the "Queens Crown" and has only been used since 1953. During the war the "Kings Crown" was used (and up until the King George's death in 1952) and this is a different shape.

Here is a wartime Parachute Regt cap badge from my collection so you can see the difference.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ground Dug Para Stable Belt Buckle  

?

A good reference to the changes and styles of the Royal crown ..

Crowns & Cyphers as used on badges & medals

Gary J.

thanks for the help guys, I'll probably go back to the same area though because theres loads of shell cases and equipment!

Its still a great find mate, well done !