Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

High School ring found at USSAF airbase

Article about: There are many high schools in the U.S that were named Notre Dame. The crest is the school's crest 48 is the year he would have moved on to the military or college.The most likely place is n

Default Re: High School ring found at USSAF airbase

There are many high schools in the U.S that were named Notre Dame. The crest is the school's crest 48 is the year he would have moved on to the military or college.The most likely place is northeastern U.S.(just a guess) Good luck)

Johnny D...... 48 is deffo graduation year.

We need to compare notes here. I have a search on for a ring also. The HJ10K has had me looking the wrong direction for bloody years. Until I read your thread I've read it as H JIOK as the 1 looks to be an I !!! To make matters worse, his initials were HMJ .....

The High Schools I've emailed have either not contacted me back or said that the crest isn't theirs. So frustrating!

Martyn.

J.D. I looked at the crest on your ring again. There is no doubt in my mind that the figure in the upper right is a bell with a cross on the top. In the lower middle, it appears to be two tablets containing the ten commandments. There are probably over 60 high schools named Notre Dame in the U.S., so that could be a problem. Then again, maybe it is the University of Notre Dame. Maybe this is an older crest that is not used anymore. Just a thought, one quick phone call or fax to the Uof ND could clear it up.

Good Luck,
    Jay

If it is Notre Dame there is a chance the ring could be an Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps class of '48 ring. Eisenhower ordered the forming of Army, Navy and Airforce ROTC's at several of America's finest universitys in 1947. Just a thought.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Does anyone know where I can get information on US amry enlisted men POST 1946?

I've got some names, but thats all. I need to research them further.

Cheers,
    JD

Quote by Johnny-D View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get information on US amry enlisted men POST 1946?

I've got some names, but thats all. I need to research them further.

Cheers,
    JD
    I know that a lot of those records burned in a fire, I think in the 70's. Good luck with your search though.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I know that a lot of those records burned in a fire, I think in the 70's. Good luck with your search though.
    Ahhh... thats not good!

Thanks for the info though bud

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2