Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

HJ and Soviet Relic Buckles

Article about: Hi all. Just thought I would show these. I got them in a trade. Apparently both dug in Poland. Looks like the HJ has possibly been de- nazified. Makers mark is M4/110, which I believe makes

Default HJ and Soviet Relic Buckles

Hi all. Just thought I would show these. I got them in a trade. Apparently both dug in Poland. Looks like the HJ has possibly been de- nazified. Makers mark is M4/110, which I believe makes the manufacturer Josef Felix and Sohne of Gablonz. This is a nice coincidence for me as Gablonz is now Jablonec nad Nisou in the Czech Republic and an area I know and have been to.

The Soviet buckle I don't think is anything special, just a nice, solid relic of the Great Patriotic War

Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ and Soviet Relic Buckles   HJ and Soviet Relic Buckles  

HJ and Soviet Relic Buckles   HJ and Soviet Relic Buckles  

?

The Soviet buckle is a post war issue, maybe dropped by soldier who cleaned the area from the explosives postwar due a closure break
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Nice buckles. Is the Soviet buckle certainly wartime? I thought that type was introduced postwar?

Thanks for the info Dimas. How can you tell it is post war as I know nothing about Soviet buckles, and if post- war, then roughly what period? Cheers.

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    Nice buckles. Is the Soviet buckle certainly wartime? I thought that type was introduced postwar?
    Looks like you are correct Douglas

Just looked it up in 'Soviet Uniforms and Militaria 1917-1991', its an enlisted mans buckle introduced in 1951. However they were still wearing the same, or very similar pattern in the 1980's.