Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Horsa bits and pieces Arnhem

Article about: by 381st digger Well worth the hard work i think!! Do you have any info on these two Horsa data plates? My uncle found them years ago in Germany or France he cant remember. Any info would be

Default Re: Horsa bits and pieces Arnhem

Next time when you go, can you check were and how many tags there maybe are on the Horsa/Hamilcar, thanks in advance

OKW
    ?

Middle Wallop is Army Air Corps.

Yes the former Glider Pilot Regiment

Great pictures & finds, I have a complete Horsa First Aid Kit, marked GLIDER FIRST AID, all contents & the instructional/contents printed list. It resides in the bottom of an old blanket box & really needs to be owned by someone who would appreciate it. If anyone is interested please PM me.

PM send

Hi,
    Here is a some pics of the horsa at Pegasus Bridge museum.
    dave

nice ones

Glider First Aid Kit.......

If anyone is interested then please make an offer, this is how I found it in 2001 in outbuildings belonging to an ex-WW2 RAF Pilot. The guy had passed away & the site was being cleared, he had amassed all manner of kit from the RAF some good some junk which was hoarded up in these buildings. I was lucky enough to get the K-Type Dingy, flying helmets, oxy masks, goggles, gloves but his Irvin, life preserver & chute all ended up on the bonfire before I got there, his family had no idea of the value & were just casting armfulls of stuff onto the fire. It's ALL there, the inventory list matches the contents & is printed up as a Glider First Aid Kit.

In all the years I have been collecting I have never seen another so I hope it generates some interest.

Anyway, see what you think.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Horsa bits and pieces Arnhem   Horsa bits and pieces Arnhem  

Horsa bits and pieces Arnhem   Horsa bits and pieces Arnhem  

Hi Birddog, Philip put PM on the message after yours asking if anyone was interested in the first aid kit. I'm not sure if you know how that works or not. It means Private Message. Put your cursor over the his name on the post above yours and click on it. It will say send a private message to philip and click on that, then you can send him a private message about the kit.

Jay

a horsa instrument just went on ebay, sorry for not saying anything sooner i spotted it in its last 5 minuets last night

WW2 AIRCRAFT INSTRUMENT HORSA GLIDER on eBay (end time 21-Jan-10 19:30:30 GMT)

regards Mad_ideas

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast