Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

How to find Eastern Europe Maps for my GPS??

Article about: So I am getting ready to head out for the first digging trip in Moldova this weekend. It took a lot of time to get all the equipment required (3 months) and I am eager to head out before it

?

Default How to find Eastern Europe Maps for my GPS??

So I am getting ready to head out for the first digging trip in Moldova this weekend. It took a lot of time to get all the equipment required (3 months) and I am eager to head out before it get's to cold and the season ends.

The hardest thing to find in this country was without doubt the GPS, so finally yesterday I found a gps for a reasonable price, a "Garmin eTrex 20".

The problem now is that I can not find any maps for Moldova. I've looked everywhere on the garmin official website, and on google. The people who sold me the GPS guaranteed there were Moldovan maps on the official website for free, the 30 first days after regestring the device, but there is not.. So now I have broken the package and registred the device and can not return it..

The GPS seem to only have maps for about 10 European countries and 25 countries worldwide on the official website which seems weird.. I found 1 map for Moldova on google but it was for roads not for nature.

I heard someone told me that you can download google maps in the device and use for gps with some program but I am not so techical. I would love if someone had some spare time to help me out here as we're supposed to go on this weekend and I don't want to get lost in the Moldovan woods

?

If the people who sold it to you guaranteed you would find the maps on the official website but there are none there I would be haranguing them and writing some very direct snotograms for my money back as they misled you when you purchased it.

You need to be careful in those Moldovan woods as there are bears and unicorns living in them!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    If the people who sold it to you guaranteed you would find the maps on the official website but there are none there I would be haranguing them and writing some very direct snotograms for my money back as they misled you when you purchased it.

You need to be careful in those Moldovan woods as there are bears and unicorns living in them!
    Yes I was thinking I would have to do that, might not be so simple though, everything is always such a hassle in this country.. So I would definetly try to solve this problem myself, it would also save me the time of finding a GPS that actually works.

Aye indeed, not to mention the Moldovan yeti!

?

If you have a smart phone you can get google maps as a last resort although I don't have any idea what phone/internet coverage is like in Moldova.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....